My first time at the track

slick4_6

Established Member
I just went to Rockingham for my first time. A little disappointing but not too bad for my first time out. Are these desent times for a 99 Cobra? How much time do you guys think is left in my 99 Cobra? Here are the slips.

slick4_6

Established Member
And last but not least. I got better as the night went along. It was somewhere in the mid 70's i think. Very little cool downs. I spun some and bogged 2 or 3 of the runs. The last was better but I was hoping for mid 13's at at least 104. I need to improve on my driving. Not bad all in all I dont think. Completely stock.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I'd say get your 60ft down ,and 13.6s if not a tad lower

Rob03

Established Member
Wow..you won 3 out of 6 at least. Looks like you ran a couple of civics there..lol... I agree with Ryan, get your 60's down a little. Try for a 1.9-2.0 60 and you will make a big dent in your times. Try varying your launch RPM's a little to see if that helps. Did you run the street tires or drag radials? They are good times for a start though...

Cheers,
Robert

StangD281

Established Member
The 60ft times were a little too high; you ended up where you should've though so you weren't missing shifts. Launch is critical with the IRS. I noticed some of the R/T's were over 1....were you sleeping at the line??? (j/k) ;-)

slick4_6

Established Member
It was my first time so it took a time or 2 to learn the lights. I still didnt get it where I thought I should have been. I varied my launches between 2000 and 3000 rpm. My best launch was from 3000 slipping the clutch pretty bad. If i revved too much all I got was wheelspin and hop. My first two runs were pretty bad bogs. The car will go once it gets up in the revs. I was disappointed with the mph though. I ran the same Integra twice. The 14.1 was against a 98 Cobra. The real bad 60' time was against an s2000. We were recording it and I really didnt want to lose. I got anxious and spun thru 1 and part of the way thru second. I should have taken him. It pulled hard but I really need to learn how to lauch the irs. Practice makes perfect.

slick4_6

Established Member
It was on Falken ze-502 245/45/17. Aired down to 32psi maybe I should have let more air out. Are these tires decent for street tire traction. I am afraid of the drag radials. I have heard too many stories about the halfshafts. If I was to run drag radials and lauch at say 3000 would I have a problem with the halfshafts. If I ran DR's I would not want to get real crazy with the launch anyway. This is my only daily driver.

blackfang

Established Member
I think a majority of your first time at the track won't be what you expect. It takes practice and lots of it. If you live at the track, then you will improve very quickly. I go to the track about once a month to run, but go all the time to watch and get tips from my buddies. You will get faster.

shoguy

postwhore in training
Established Member
i agree with you man ..just keep on trying varing your launches a little diffrent air pressure in your tires and you should have it

87Silverfox

Established Member
You should be able to sustain low 20's on the tire pressure, that will help your tire contact patch. You have some good numbers to work with. Breaking the ice with your first trip to the track gives you goals to work with. Reaction time and 60 ft. time is critical no matter what your setup is. The more you practice at the track the better you will get. If you can get a extra pair of rims and a set of slicks, you should be able to shave off a 2-3 10ths without any problems.

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
If there are supposed to be pics of time slips here, how come there are really pics of my cars?

max

Established Member
Originally posted by 2L8IWON
If there are supposed to be pics of time slips here, how come there are really pics of my cars?

2L8, I think you and I are on a different server. :) I'm getting pics of blocks and cars too.

Users who are viewing this thread