My other Ford...

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
This is my 2000 Excursion Limited 4x4, it is powered by a 6.8 liter V10, it is sitting on a BDS 8 inch suspension and rolling on 38 inch Parnelli Jones rubber.
I call it the TonkaToy.
Pictures

Last edited:

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
Hey, those Excursions can be might quick. We just moved but our old neighbor had an Powerstroke Excursion that had ran high 12's. Had a full custom Banks kit, nitrous/propane injection etc. Crazy thing is he got better gas mileage in the city then either of our V8 Mountaineer or sohc V6 Explorer. Towed his 38ft Cigarette like it was nothing. He also had a 360 Modena, and the Excursion was quicker to 100. How many people can say they have a heavy mofo of a truck thats quicker then their Ferrari lol, he used to joke with his friends that when he wants to be slammned to the seat and go fast he takes out the Excursion while the rest of them are like shit I'll take the Ferrari lol.

It is one weird feeling to be in a truck that big and heavy to suddenly accelerate like a rocket:coolman:

Some of those diesel HD trucks are sick. My friend had a Cummins Ram stay side by side with him in the Viper:eek:

How come you didn't go for the powerstroke? I could imagine what your gas mileage must be like with the V10 and your lift and 38's considering what it got stock:uh oh: Gorgeous truck you have there by the way though, ever take it offroad?

Last edited:

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
Thanx for the compliment.
I am getting 12 mpg with this rig, I bought the V10 because I got a good deal on it when I started this project and it will tow 11,000 lbs which is more than I need, if I sell this one my next one will be a Powerstroke.

The only time it goes offroad is when I go up north on my annual Snomobile trips, it is great in the deep snow, but I plan to get into dirt bikes next year and this will be a great tow vehicle for the woods and mud.

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
The PJ's have been great, my Rig is a daily driver and these ride nice and don't make a lot of noise, they are also a true radial design.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by Devil Dog
That is a sweet rig, a little too much for even me.

They are fun to look at though. I'm thinking of renting the Monster Limo here in town, but haven't had the occasion for it yet. :)

TexasDevilDog

Nice truck!

Woohoo, first post! And almost registered 2 years! :coolman: I am the anti-post whore.

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by TexasDevilDog
Nice truck!

Woohoo, first post! And almost registered 2 years! :coolman: I am the anti-post whore.

WELCOME, Mr. Anti-Post! :bowdown: I take it though that you do a lot of reading. :) Good to see a not-so-newbie! :)

Users who are viewing this thread