My thoughts on bama's tune

Black FiVE.0

Established Member
Well I ordered a bama tune for my 2012 auto gt. After downloading the tune I drove to my local drag strip for a Friday night test n tune and noticed the difference as soon as I pulled out of the driveway half throttle 1-2 shift at about 4 thousand rpm with traction on it chirped (big smile on my face) drove down to the track and made a few runs. The things I have noticed about the tune is the auto trans shift 10x harder driving normal and 20x harder when I'm WOT plus I finally see the redline light come on when I'm going through the gears I mean it completely feels like a different car second gear gets sideways on me every time I think it's time to throw my drag radials on.
So a big thanks to the guys at American muscle and bama. Here was my track result every thing stock besides a tune (2.248 60 foot,13.165,109.69) (2.319 60 foot,13.186,110.27) was hoping for a 12.9 et but I was very happy with my results.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
Any times prior to putting the tune on it?

Good times, with an improved 60 foot you'll easily be in the 12.8s.

351inside

Established Member
If he can lower his 60' to about a 1.9 at least, I dont see why 12.5 isnt possible maybe lower

Last edited:

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Should be lower than a 12.5 with a 1.9 60'. I went 12.5 with a 2.1 60'.

Should be running at least mid 12's stock with the auto..............

Last edited:

GTtoSVT

Established Member
On street tires at the track 2nd gear is the problem with the auto and a tune. It's hits hard and my at the time wimpy all season 245's didn't have a chance. Still went 12.8 though :)

Black FiVE.0

Established Member
Ya I only got 3 passes done that night and one pass I backed out of launched to hard and just sat there spinning the tires. And no prior runs when it was stock if I could lower my 60f just a little bit I could of been in the twelves no problem but second gear get sideways. My next run will be with 4:10 gears and 15x8 racestars with 275 60 drag radials that should get better 60 foots and fix second gear issue I'll keep you guys posted

Last edited:

Lone Star

Established Member
Definitely with better 60' you will be low to mid 12's. At what rpm did you launch at? This will also help your 60's numbers if you find that sweet spot rpm to launch at

Bald Menace

Established Member
man, another story about how great the Auto is with a tune.. I have an auto that is bone stock and my best pass so far is 12.74@111. i'd love to get a tune but i'm not interested in losing my warranty. glad to hear the tune made a big difference. looking forward to reading about some more track tim once it cools down a bit. isnt bakersfield up there a bit in elevation?

Black FiVE.0

Established Member
Definitely with better 60' you will be low to mid 12's. At what rpm did you launch at? This will also help your 60's numbers if you find that sweet spot rpm to launch at

I was launching at about 1100-1200 rpm. I tried to launch at like 2000 and mash the pedal out of the hole but just sat there spinning once I i have my drag radials on I think i should be able to take off at 2000 rpm with no problem with the 4:10 gears.

man, another story about how great the Auto is with a tune.. I have an auto that is bone stock and my best pass so far is 12.74@111. i'd love to get a tune but i'm not interested in losing my warranty. glad to hear the tune made a big difference. looking forward to reading about some more track tim once it cools down a bit. isnt bakersfield up there a bit in elevation?

I wanna say it's about 400 above sea level I'm not a big expert when it comes to elevation and DA but I'm going to start learning about it cause a good drag racer definitely needs to know that kind of stuff. But one thing I can tell you about the tune the little I drove it that day (been sitting in the garage waiting for gear swap) it really makes the car feel like a manual trans the way it shifts and it just really brings out the cars true muscle.

shadi

Established Member

are u on stock tires or drag radials?

Bald Menace

Established Member
stock tires and no air pressure changes. that was with 500 miles on car within the first week of ownership

Users who are viewing this thread