Mystery 3650 Tranmission problem - Constant Neutral.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Well tonight i had a mysterious problem happen. I cant find anything about this anywhere. All mechanics i talked to, each with highly built mustangs have never heard of this problem. Well anyways after upping the diablo tuner, went for a test drive, left the neighborhood and layed into it. Prefect shift through 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and power shifting into 4th, i missed(i guess) and after that i was rolling, put it in 4th no power. Started downshifting still no power to go anywhere. So at this point i am rolling to a stop. Well i pull off the road, and i turn the car off, back on, try all gears again, still cant go anywhere.

But heres the kicker. The car runs and idles perfect. The car and clutch still shift perfect, but basically you could rev the motor in 1st and drop the clutch at 5k rpms and it would basically be nothing more than a rev. We managed to get it towed back to the house. Jacked up, everything was running fine, but the driveshaft wont spin. But when taking off the plate on the tranny, and watching the tranny go, while the car was in gear and turned on, eveyrthing seemed to be running fine. No noises what so ever. Eveyone we have talked to, have never heard of this...and this is with 500miles on the new spec 2+ clutch, and steel flywheel, and pro5.0 short shifter.

So i am hoping someone has had this problem before, because it has baffled us all.

I will be having the tranny pulled, tomorrow, and we figure it has to do something around the input shaft. But it seems unlikely since my car isnt making hellasious power!

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread