NC cobra

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
This is my recent proud purchase. 93 with 25k completely stock down to the intake silencer. Flew to DC to buy it. Some crows feet on the hood, anyone else had this problem with their black cobra's. i know its common, my 93 lx had the same deal. Its killing me to keep it stock. Im considering some minor bolt ons. What brand of headers do you guys recommend. Im going with equal length shorties but not sure whats best. Im leaning towards FRPP. Any other NC cobras out there?????

Last edited:

Wayne93Cobra

Established Member
I wanted to keep mine stock, to...

but one thing leads to another. I finally had to opt to keep it looking stock.

8 years later, only the exterior and interior is stock. None of the drivetrain is.

I give you one month to keep it stock, cuz a 93 Cobra is a moving target.

Wayne

jrCobra

Established Member
I agree.

I'm using FRPP equal length headers, I'm happy with them but I'd rather have longtubes.

The mods will keep coming for me, this car will never be fast enough.:rolleyes:

93cobra777

Established Member
black 93 cobra here. i talked to the guy that touched up my paint job a while back and he has a black buick grand national and we were talking about black paint, like he said, you can wake up at 6:00 am, buff it till midnight, wake up the next day and have to do it all over again. just a sad fact of life. btw, im in NC too, charlotte area actually monroe

Cobra228

Random SVT Poster
Established Member
i forgot about this post black 93 cobra. and i had no idea that a mach 1 was attached to my image, i never took that pic so sorry to whomever's car that is i didnt steal it!!! anyways about the crows feet. i had the hood painted at carolina collsion and its one of the best jobs ive seen, of course i paid out the A@$ for it. As far as the roof goes, theres a guy that comes by the dealership i work for that has a process that can cover the crows, it wont be perfect but it will help. he removed one minor scratch from my door, it fills in the scratch without wet sanding...some kind of chemical and squeegee (sp?) when he finishes it ill let you know how it turned out.....ive havent seen your car around, i live in Mint Hill.....any mods, miles etc.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I recommend long tubes as well. My eq. length shorties make a ton of underhood heat, not to mention are an extremely tight fit, especially on the passenger side and on the driver's sider around the steering rod and clutch cable. Wish I had long tubes on my car...hmmm, future birthday present maybe?:thumbsup:

By the way, good luck keeping it stock, hehe
:burnout:

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
Mine is still stock except for the intake silencer and Flowmasters. It is a daily battle to keep it that way. I would sure like to put on a supercharger. I am thinking of buying a cheap LX and supercharging that though.

02_Lightning

Established Member
I would hesitate putting lomg tubes on.... cutting is required to get them in.:mj:

NC STANG GUY

03 gone but not forgotten
Established Member
Originally posted by 99Lightning
I would hesitate putting lomg tubes on.... cutting is required to get them in.:mj:

Cutting? I've never had to cut anything putting LT's on a mustang.

Billy

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
Originally posted by 93Cobra2771
No cutting for long tubes...at least not in the half dozen mustangs i've helped put long tubes on.
:-D
Cutting shouldn't be an issue at all unless the car has an auto... Cobra??? No auto.

DeVus1

Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra228
This is my recent proud purchase. 93 with 25k completely stock down to the intake silencer. Flew to DC to buy it. Some crows feet on the hood, anyone else had this problem with their black cobra's. i know its common, my 93 lx had the same deal. Its killing me to keep it stock. Im considering some minor bolt ons. What brand of headers do you guys recommend. Im going with equal length shorties but not sure whats best. Im leaning towards FRPP. Any other NC cobras out there?????

Damn thats a sweet looking car. I hope to own one soon enough. BBK headers are great for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread