NE1 w/ YDH0 Program--Any issues??

mosconiac

Established Member
My '03 has the "QUD2" program and a rough idle, fat A/F causing fouled spark plugs/stumble...etc.

I'm told that Ford is installing a new EEC program, "YDH0". If you have this program, please state any idle, stumbles, fouled plugs...etc you are experiencing.

I want to get a chip/exhaust/pulley, but need to get these issues ironed out before I go ahead with mods.

TIA, Mosconiac

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I've been told that Ford is aware of the problems in the QUD2, specifically the rough idle and stalling and they probably fixed them with the YDH0, however they are still in the process of getting EPA approval to be able to reflash those first run cars that have the original program.

Last edited:

mosconiac

Established Member
You might not know why, but it seems odd to me that they would have to get some sort of EPA approval to reflash the first run cars.

Afterall, they are the same car, from the same production year and the program is fine for the second run cars...then why would it be more than a no-brainer to allow the first run cars to run the same program?

If this is true, this will be the worst case of Bureaucratic "red tape" ever seen.

ho779

Established Member
Is there somewhere I can read about what you are talking about? I have no idea what the difference is between the two programs...

mosconiac

Established Member
Open your passenger door and look at the back edge of the door. There should be a small sticker on there with four letters printed on it (either QUD0 or YDH0).

mosconiac

Established Member
Can't explain the difference(s) yet. I'm hoping Ford releases a TSB soon so I can try the new program. I'm sure they will explain why the new program was needed in the TSB.

I think I'll call SVT and ask the right ?'s. ;o)

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
I don't have stalling or bogging down problems unless my traction control is turned on. I'ld also want to know if there's any change in power w/ the new program. Hate to give that up! I wonder if anyone knows.

mm49

Established Member
Power does not really matter after you chip & pulley !! :)

Diablo now has the YDH0 code now. I know this because they read my computer direct a week ago Tues. and they had not seen this code and said mine was the first they had read.

When they returned with a Chip program a short time later there engineers said the earlier Chip burns would work fine with the New Code.

They must be correct because if my Cobra gets any quicker 0-60 I am going to start logging flight time !!

JL

Boomer

Established Member
Mine has the QUD2 code its running good. I have 2000 miles on it .Last week I put on magaflow catbacks and a 5.0 shifter .Seems like the more miles the stronger it runs?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Originally posted by mosconiac
You might not know why, but it seems odd to me that they would have to get some sort of EPA approval to reflash the first run cars.

Afterall, they are the same car, from the same production year and the program is fine for the second run cars...then why would it be more than a no-brainer to allow the first run cars to run the same program?

If this is true, this will be the worst case of Bureaucratic "red tape" ever seen.

No, I have seen far worse cases...anything having to do with EPA is a hassle. There is just too much risk for a mfr to make an error there; plus, there are always other issues - time of year (new car intros), plus determining if the OE supplier made a mistake which has cost implications, etc.

I once tried to drain and fill a swamp on some property I owned...greenies and Feds called it a "wetland". After years and thousands of dollars in surveys, impact assessments, lawyers, and countless headaches, I gave up.

Users who are viewing this thread