Need advice

docs03

Established Member
So I pulled the cobra out of hibernation today, did my oil change, topped all the fluids, etc.....

I decided to install my MRT hood gas struts that have been sitting around for the last 6 months.

Well, while trying to take the nuts off on the hinge bracket I snapped one of the studs that goes into the hood itself. Not sure how to take it out (screws out?) and where to get the replacement stud for the hood.

Any help..............thanks guys

doc raj

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
You were trying to take the hood nuts off the hinge? May I ask why? The struts I have didn't require anything like that.

docs03

Established Member
There is a mounting plate that attaches to the hood hinge with the MRT kit. The gas strut then mounts to the ball stud on the plate. So I was loosening the nuts in order to put the plate on.

WhippleCharged Sonic

Screwed, Blued & Tattooed
Established Member
Hmmm. I have never had my hood off so I can't say how the stud is in there. Maybe Postban can chime in..Can you get something on the stud, like pliars, to see if it will turn?

xfrosty63x

Established Member
Anyone have any more info on this? Is the stud welded to the plate in the hood or can it be backed out? I snapped one of my studs off after the nut got jammed up with paint. I should have thought to clean the threads, but I didn't think I'd have this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated. These studs must not be very strong, because I wasn't using much force. I may just remove all the studs if I can and replace them with bolts if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread