Need Help And Advice Please

s281er238

YELLOW MELLOW
Established Member
my 04 cobra is been acting funny lately.when i drive the car i have a hard time getting it into 1st gear and reverse and somtimes al the gears before it wasent like this i took it to the dealer they replaced tranny,clutch and its still the same issue what is this from need advice please its driving me crazy i love this car and all of the sudden its acting up .and the other question is my suoercharger is now making some funny noice sounds like a bad altanator whine have any of you guys experianced this :xpl:

Last edited:

SVT0369

#1798 of 1896
Established Member
s281er238 said:
my 04 cobra is been acting funny lately.when i drive the car i have a hard time getting it into 1st gear and reverse and somtimes al the gears mbefore it wasent like this i took it to the dealet they replaced tranny,clutch and all but still the same issue what is this from need advice please its driving me crazy i love this car and all of the sudden its acting up .and the other question is my suoercharger is now making some funny noice sounds like a bad altanator whine have any of you guys experianced this :xpl:

:wf:

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
s281er238 said:
my 04 cobra is been acting funny lately.when i drive the car i have a hard time getting it into 1st gear and reverse and somtimes al the gears mbefore it wasent like this i took it to the dealet they replaced tranny,clutch and all but still the same issue what is this from need advice please its driving me crazy i love this car and all of the sudden its acting up .and the other question is my suoercharger is now making some funny noice sounds like a bad altanator whine have any of you guys experianced this :xpl:

First off the tranny issue sounds like a bad throwout bearing and also a clutch thats not properly adjusted. If you don't have a firewall adjuster and quadrant i suggest you get one right away. Once the clutch is properly adjusted I think you won't have that issue with getting into gear anymore. If your TOB is squeeling then change it now before it becomes an issue later on.

As far as your blower goes Eatons sound like clogged vacuums. Not sure if thats the sound you're speaking of but if so it's normal. There are other things that could be making noise so are you sure it's the blower?

It's kind of hard to diagnose a problem also over the internet. Why don't you take the car to a shop that has some experience with the 03-04 Cobras like Greg from Racers Edge tuning. He's a great guy and knows his stuff so he can help you address any of your concerns. Hope that helps. Jared :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread