NEED HELP ASAP! 04 Cobra ?

orleans2

Hey guys,

Just drove over with the wife to visit with my folks for a bit. Drove for about 30 mins here. Parked in the drive and was on the deck 10 mins later and I hear a loud hiss from under the hood. Its a "compressed air leaking" sound coming from behind the TB, more near the firewall. There is a black cylinder looking thing with two 5/8" tubes running out of it, one runs down and towards the CAI, and the other (where the leak is) run towards the back of the car, thru the firewall. The leak is coming from a joint in the tubing right before it enters the firewall.

What is this? Thought at 1st it was something to do with the AC, cause it had a grease type looking fitting (thought this was where you charge the AC) in the tubing that comes out of the cylinder and heads towards the CAI. But, in that case, I thought if it was freeon leaking, that all that tubing would be cold. Its not, its warm.

Can I drive the car home from my folks? Will it be ok to drive 60 imles on it in the morning to the dealer?

Im here waiting for a reply :)

Thanks guys.

orleans2

*scratchhead*

Is that black cylinder type thing, in the back left of the engine, near the TB, something to do with the AC?

= |

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
orleans2 said:
*scratchhead*

Is that black cylinder type thing, in the back left of the engine, near the TB, something to do with the AC?

= |

yes, it is the accumulator...did you have the defroster on?

I know you said A/C was off but defroster mode has capability to enable the A/C compressor

is it still hissing?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
actually, it's irrelevant whether or not A/C was running.....it shouldn't be leaking and maybe the reason its not cold is because pressure has already dropped so much in the system :shrug:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
the pump wont cycle if the system has lost pressure. there's a sensor for that.

yeah, to prevent damage from lack of compressor oil

Orleans04

Established Member
kk, well... I got her home np--- AC wont blow cold, but thats ok --weather is great here at the moment. Heading to work this morning, going to try and drop the car at a dealer near work. Hope a non SVT Ford dealer will fix it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread