~Need Help ASAP!!! Wheel Spacers...

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
Hey guys, got my new wheels...they could really use about an inch spacer in the rear...

Ive never used spacer that big so i got a couple of question...

~Wheres the best/cheapest place to order them?

~How do they install? They cant just slip over the lugs, they replace them correct?...(Hubcentrix or somethin?)

~Are they 100% safe?

*Also, could you guys post some pics of your cars that have 1" spacers? Cars with 9.5" wheels would be great.

Appreciate the help guys, im going to bed and not worrying about this anymore tonight... Please post up some info and ill be on in the morning. Keep this up top so it doesnt just get lost in the crowd.

Thanks in advance my Sn95 Brothas. -Josh G.

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/

Mustang Wheel Spacers

wheel_spacer_bolton_subcat.jpg

Wider is better! Move your wheels out with lightweight aluminum-alloy wheel spacers. Precision-machined for perfect balance, five-lug applications only. These bolt to your car with the existing lug-bolts, and have integral studs for attaching your wheels. Retains factory hubcentric wheel fit. You should also know about our Wheel Spacer return policy before purchasing these spacers. Download it from our installation instructions section. All spacers are sold in pairs.

These are the best, have had the 25mm spacers on for 6 years now http://www.maximummotorsports.com/s...product_info&cPath=48_134_232&products_id=872

Eibach has good ones too!
http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/0297.3.5448387401900001483?

You can buy the Eibach at summitracing http://store.summitracing.com/egnse...94847663+4294908331+4294908282+115+4294924760

The most important thing is that the spacers Retains factory hubcentric wheel fit and have thier own studs

Last edited:

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I have Eibach 1" spacers on my car...didn't need to grind down wheel studs. Check your wheels to see if they have pockets in back to clear the studs. I was told that H&R and Eibach spacer come from the came manufactor. Personally I wouldn't want to do any type of racing with them on.

Last edited:

98cobradan

Established Member
Personally I would want to do any type of racing with them on.

+1 i would not do any type racing with them on, especially if u have slicks or drag radials, If the slick or DR's work they way they are supposed to and hook, you are liable to snap off ur studs and have the wheels fall off.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have a set of MM 1" hubcentric spacers that I will sell. PM me if you are interested. I used these on my 98 cobra, and on my current cobra. I launched with them at nearly 500 rwhp and they are as good as new. They have hubs, so the wheel's weight is on the hubs, and not the studs. Just like running without spacers. There are plenty of 9 and 8 second cars running spacers of this fashion.

These have the studs built in. The only thing that you will need is a set of lug nuts to bolt them down to your existing hub/studs.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Here is what they looked like on my 98 cobra. These are 9" wheels on the rear.

p1020087small.jpg

tc2.jpg

bad93snake

STREET405
Established Member
I have a set of MM 1" hubcentric spacers that I will sell. PM me if you are interested. I used these on my 98 cobra, and on my current cobra. I launched with them at nearly 500 rwhp and they are as good as new. They have hubs, so the wheel's weight is on the hubs, and not the studs. Just like running without spacers. There are plenty of 9 and 8 second cars running spacers of this fashion.

These have the studs built in. The only thing that you will need is a set of lug nuts to bolt them down to your existing hub/studs.

-Jeff

You have a PM Jeff. -Josh

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
not if u have the studded spacers. Ones with out studs yes or just get longer studs

well i'm going to disagree with you since ON MY CAR with H&R spacers i had to cut down the lugs and on my roomates car with no name 1" hubcentric spacers we had to as well..

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
well i'm going to disagree with you since ON MY CAR with H&R spacers i had to cut down the lugs and on my roomates car with no name 1" hubcentric spacers we had to as well..

I didn't have to cut or touch anything. The fit like stock. I even used the stock lugnuts to bolt the wheels on. But these are Maximum Motorsport spacers. (I believe that they are made by Eibach though).

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I know a guy around here that was running a 1" spacer on his '03 and his wheel fell off on the freeway when they broke :uh oh:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Yeah I took off my RR 3/8 spacer on my 04 b/c the tire started to rub and I just wasn't comfortable having that on the stock studs.

I will however be putting 1/2" spacers on my 98 b/c I upgraded to the longer and stronger ARP studs.

Users who are viewing this thread