!!!!!!Need help ASAP!!!!!!!

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Does anyone have a LDC cooling mod they are not planning on using for ahwile because i orded one and they said i will not get it for 2-4weeks and i;m in the process of doing my clutch right now. i didn't think it would take this long. so i don't want to pull my trans out a second time so if any of guys have one your not using could i have it and i could change the shipping address of the one i orded to go to your house so iit would be a even trade. can anyone help me out PLEASE thanks you
-tim

TRBO VNM

good luck man. like I mentioned in the other thread you might be better off buying the apten and changing the tee fitting

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
if i order one of the apten ones i would still have to waite for it to arrive. i wish i would of found out about these sooner i wouls have ordered it all ready. i started pulling the car apart now. i really don't want to pull the trans out a second time to do this. thanks doesn't the apton use the another pass side plug for the drivers side head? i could just go to a ford dealer and buy one and get some tubing and a nice TEE at some shop and build my own.
-Tim

TRBO VNM

03cobra 87GN said:
if i order one of the apten ones i would still have to waite for it to arrive. i wish i would of found out about these sooner i wouls have ordered it all ready. i started pulling the car apart now. i really don't want to pull the trans out a second time to do this. thanks doesn't the apton use the another pass side plug for the drivers side head? i could just go to a ford dealer and buy one and get some tubing and a nice TEE at some shop and build my own.
-Tim

honestly I don't know about the apten. just that everyone complains that the plastic tee melts or something.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
i just cancled my order for the LDC i'm going to make my own based on the Apten one. i'm going to a ford dealer and buy a the coolant outlet and i have a friend that works at a hydraulic shop so i can get some nice hoses and a nice TEE because i need this done soon because i don't want to waite since i need my car for school next semester. thanks for the help
-tim

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
i don't know too much but aparently the driver's side head has no outlet in the rear for coolant so colant stays their longer getting traped so it gets hotter. i thinks its the number 7 cylinder. and people were burning up their pistions from overheating. since i'm going the clutch the trans will be out so its a prefect time to do it since down the road i plan on adding more boost. which makes more heat and that can be a bad thing. what can it hurt :coolman:
-Tim

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Yep, Get the soft plug out and replace it with the Ford plug, has an O ring on it and an outlet. Make sure the orientation of the outlet is in the 2:00 position, push it in, then run your lines to the other head and the heater core. My 03 had the Apten kit, but took out the plastic Tee and replaced it with a copper T, I made. Worked like a charm. Total price to make yourself, 35.00.

Good luck, call if any questions.

J.R. 301-748-7038

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
i ordered the the outlet today it cost 40 bucks it was a ford one. and i'm getting the hoses and a TEE tomm. from my firend

TRBO VNM

undrpresr said:
Be careful not to make the contraption too long on the passenger's side because when I did mine, using the Ford part at OEM length along with a 3/4" x 3/4" x 3/4" TEE fitting will cause you to have to push the heater hose upward more and cause the hose to kink. I highly do not recommended doing this, I did this to mine before the LDC one came out. I hated having a jerry rigged cooling mod in there, the heater hose was kinked and I couldn't shorten the length any more. I cut the Ford part down as best as I could without cutting the "lip" off. I also cut my TEE fitting down, and it still was way too long.
The LDC one came out about 2 weeks after I installed mine. I bought the LDC one and tore it all down again just to put it in. Trust me, I would keep searching for an LDC mod laying around, or better yet I wouldn't even put it in there. After you spend hours bending the EGR tube to fit right without the EGR tube touching the cooling mod...youll regret making your own kit.

If you do decide to make your own, make sure you bend the EGR tube to clear the cooling mod, I would NOT let the EGR tube rest on the cooling mod fitting because after time, vibration may cause the 2 pieces to rub holes in one another.

yeah, thats why I say just do what JR did with the apten and replace the tee fitting with a metal one.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
undrpresr said:
If you do decide to make your own, make sure you bend the EGR tube to clear the cooling mod, I would NOT let the EGR tube rest on the cooling mod fitting because after time, vibration may cause the 2 pieces to rub holes in one another.

This is exactly why JR had to replace his tee fitting with a copper one. The plastic one from Apten started to melt from the heat off the EGR tube and developed a leak.

Users who are viewing this thread