Need help, axle back owners come on in.

Coyote 5.0

Member BED Racing
Established Member
I installed Borla S type axe back. It is the best system I have ever used(this is my 6th mustang). Sound is great, absolutely no drone. much louder than the stock system yet comfortable to drive.

gtmustang88

Established Member
I also run the gt500 axle back. I agree with what the others have said, it is pretty quite when cruising, but sounds good when you get on it. There is also no drone.

slyguy

Established Member
Here's a link to a vid I posted a while back that compares the Roush, Hushpower and GT500 ABs on my car (with ORX). Maybe that'll help you determine sound levels, although it is definitely louder with the ORX...

My car droned really bad with the HPs, moderately with the Roushes and not at all with the GT500s.

Even with the ORX, the GT500s are quiet at cruise speeds, where there others were pretty loud.

Sounds to me that the GT500s would be a perfect fit for you...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...8-roush-vs-hushpower-vs-gt500-vid-x-pipe.html

bssmith1220

Established Member
Normally that would work fine (typically I'm a 9-5 M-F guy) but this weekend I've got to work. Should be able to do the following weekend though if you are around then.

As far as I know next weekend should be fine. Shoot me a pm when it gets closer to next weekend and I'll make sure I'm gonna be around and give you my address or pick a place to meet.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Here's a link to a vid I posted a while back that compares the Roush, Hushpower and GT500 ABs on my car (with ORX). Maybe that'll help you determine sound levels, although it is definitely louder with the ORX...

My car droned really bad with the HPs, moderately with the Roushes and not at all with the GT500s.

Even with the ORX, the GT500s are quiet at cruise speeds, where there others were pretty loud.

Sounds to me that the GT500s would be a perfect fit for you...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...8-roush-vs-hushpower-vs-gt500-vid-x-pipe.html

Cool, I'll check it out.

I love my Roush AB.

Quiet when cruising and sounds like satan when you punch it.

LOL. I can never tell from the video's if I like how it sounds or not. Some sound good, others don't..

As far as I know next weekend should be fine. Shoot me a pm when it gets closer to next weekend and I'll make sure I'm gonna be around and give you my address or pick a place to meet.

Sounds good, I'll hit you up.

AmnDucky

Established Member
Cool, I'll check it out.

LOL. I can never tell from the video's if I like how it sounds or not. Some sound good, others don't..

Most video camera microphones suck major ass, and what crappy quality the audio starts with is further compressed and degraded by youtube, and then pumped through your probably average at best speakers. I have not found a single video that I think sounds like my car, stock or with the muffler deletes. Go watch some videos of the mustang with stock exhaust, it may help give you a better idea of the difference between real life and the recording.

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member
Cool, I'll check it out.

It's tough deciding based on video alone. I posted a vid the other day with an HD video of my exhaust. I guess it's the best you'll get without hearing it in person.

aquill1

Established Member
I bought 2011GTCS's Roush kit off of him, my buddy wanted them for his '11.

Keep in mind that with stock exhaust the roush's don't drone. 2011GTCS has an off-road x-pipe and both the Flow HP/Roush sound insanely loud.

With all stock exhaust the Roush axleback sounds great. It's loud when you start it up cold, loud when you hit it and loud when you decelerate. It does tend to pop upon decel, IMO it sounds great.

I want to try the heartthrob catback (with h-pipe), connected to the roush axleback, and see how it sounds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread