Need Help Deciding

STALLKING

Established Member
So im currently deployed and one of the perks is that we can order cars from the factory before anyone else can. Im in the process of ordering a new 2012 5.0 (not premium though) that would be at my doorstep when i get home in July. I will end up paying 28,000 for everything (well before taxes and all that). Im kinda worried about what im gonna do for work when i get back. Do you guys think that i would have any problem selling a 2012 with at the most 2,000 miles on it for 28,000 grand if shit goes south for me when i get back and cant afford it? Thanks guys.

snkchmr 1

I really doubt it would sale fast for that. I know I could have got a base 2011 on X plan for around that.

kingnut

Established Member
im overseas, buying a car from over here makes no sense. you might get extended or PCS somewhere else when you get back home. do not buy a car unless you are looking at it when you get back.

STALLKING

Established Member
I mean i have a job when i get back but 28 grand is alot. Thing is every payment i make between now and when i pick it up goes straight toward the principal because of the whole military thing. Im just thinking about worse case scenario and trying to get some input on what people may have paid for theirs and if a 2012 would get any looks on here or elsewhere for that price. I really appreciate the input guys and i gotta say the more research i do on these new 5.0 the more i love them, and i said i would never own another mustang after my 03 termi.

Kevinz00GT

Established Member
I have a dealer right now offering to sell me a new 2011 base gt with an automatic as the only option ($995.00 add) for $27632 plus tax and fees. The thing is I have been waiting to find a good deal on a used sterling gray car with a 6 speed auto but every time I find one they seem to be high as giraffe's nuts. Seems like everyone wants to sell them Used for only a thousand or two less than you can buy a new one for and for that price I would rather buy new and know what the car has been through.......just something to think about if you decide to sell yours right away

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread