Need help with boost problem.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I just got my car going minutes ago. Mods are in the sig. Here's the problem: at wot the factory boost gauge goes around to what I believe would be 11psi(just a hair off of the 10 mark). Any ideas what this could be?

Slow

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
I believe there is a stop on the factory boost gauge. Get an aftermarket gauge, or the boost overlay. I sure hope you have a BAP on that combo too as there is about a 98% chance your stock pumps are maxed.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
I sure hope that's the case. No, I don't ahve a bap. I don't mind running around 12:1 af and I believe thats where I will hit if my pumps are close. I just hope my frp is still good. Think I'm clear on that one?? Thanks for the quick reply badcobra!

Anyone else care to chime in on the factory stopper?

Thanks,
Slow

Fast Willy

Established Member
The factory has a stop in there that stops it at 11 psi. get the overlay or a new boost gauge. You could make 100psi and that gauge would still only read 11 psi lol.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Slow04Cobra said:
I sure hope that's the case. No, I don't ahve a bap. I don't mind running around 12:1 af and I believe thats where I will hit if my pumps are close. I just hope my frp is still good. Think I'm clear on that one?? Thanks for the quick reply badcobra!

Anyone else care to chime in on the factory stopper?

Thanks,
Slow

You will go lean up top if your pumps are maxed. Spend the $250 and get the BAP, it's cheaper than a new engine.

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
SCMod46 said:
The factory has a stop in there that stops it at 11 psi. get the overlay or a new boost gauge. You could make 100psi and that gauge would still only read 11 psi lol.

Sheww, that makes me feel better. I was looking at the belt routing, the altenator pulley, and just about everything. I was thinking the 2.93 should make more than that by itself. Well, anyway thanks a lot for the help guys, I'm headed to the dyno to check everything out.

Slow

Users who are viewing this thread