Need help with gauges.

eaglesnick

Established Member
I'm looking to add 2 gauges and I want to mount them on either side of the steering wheel, by the instrument cluster. I know I have seen them on this site before but am unable to find any threads on where I can buy it or see some pictures. Any help on where I could buy this would be great and some pictures would be awsome. Thanks. :beer:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
your taki about the Autometer setup right?
010003.jpg

eaglesnick

Established Member
That's it. Do you know where I can buy it and/or the part for the 03. That pic isn't of an 03, I don't know if they are the same part # or not. Thanks.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
eaglesnick said:
That's it. Do you know where I can buy it and/or the part for the 03. That pic isn't of an 03, I don't know if they are the same part # or not. Thanks.

the part # form auto meter is 10005 for an 03. u can get them pretty much anywhere, not sure who has the best prices though bro..post back where u find cause id like one too!

ModsAway

Established Member
http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=esearch.asp&N=100&Ntk=PartSearch&Ntt=atm-10005

No idea if the price is competitive or not but its one place you can get them.

They also have most gauges you may want to go with. Fuel pressure and boost/vac are going in for me. I'm considering A/F (since we already have a boost gauge) but the widebands are expensive and with my list for this spring its already expensive. In the mean time the boost/vac will fill the spot.

FOURCED

3 honks and I own you
Established Member
IMO the gauges in this pod are hard to see... as they're mostly blocked by the steering wheel. You have to look down to see what the gauges are reading... taking your eyes off the road. It's just a brief second but still...

I'd recomend the replacement pillar/gauge pods from Allan at Speed of Sound. His are an excellent fit, match perfectly and can easily be read out of the corner of your eye.

http://www.speedofsoundllc.com

Shannon

eaglesnick

Established Member
Fourced, I'm trying to avoid the A-pillar mount only because I live in New Jersey and when I go through the state inspection line they get in the way of the guy putting the sticker in the window. I know it seems stupid, but some of those guys can be a real pain in the a$$ if they have to give a little extra effort. Those who have the auto meter gauge cluster, what is your take on the gauge location. Are they in a bad spot???????

Users who are viewing this thread