Need part # for Temp Gauge adapter in the Block...

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
I'm going to move my ELECTRIC water temp gauge to the side of the block (recommended by autometer tech) and am needing the part number for the adapter to thread into the plug in the left side of the block. It's in the crossover tube right now, and its reading inaccurately. Thanks!!

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Yes, your best bet is to just take the sender unit with you to the store and match it up there. I bought mine from Home Depot. :thumbsup: 2 min sale.

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Thanks for the link but the part # in the summit link is for the mechanical gauge, this gauge is electric. An autometer tech finally emailed me and told me to use part # 2268 for the block??? When I looked up that part though, it says (1/8 in. NPT Female to 16mm x 1.5 Male) and everyone on here says the size for the block is 3/8 NPT??? Was he wrong?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
The block is a 3/8 npt adapter. I verified this from ShelbyGuy as well. If he says it's correct the give it a try. :beer:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
Actually, all the pieces you will need come in the kit, including the bushing to install the sender in the block. It is nothing more that a brass bushing to change the size to 3/8 NPT.
Also available at most auto parts stores and home supply places.

Dana

03SonicSnake

Member of 500/500 Club
Established Member
Dana - Is the plug in the block the one located by the driver's side manifold/H-pipe connection? If that is it, wouldn't the heat from the exhaust mess with the sender(inaccurate readings) or burn the wiring? I think I have the brass bushing(adapter) that comes in the kit like you were talking about, because the sender fits in there. When you take that plug out do you have to be ready to plug the adapter and sender in right away to avoid losing all your coolant? I don't want a face full of unexpected coolant.

Users who are viewing this thread