need pics of h&r race springs on an 03 please

venomous99

Established Member
i hate not having the search feature so i must ask for some pics of 03s with h&r race springs. the wait for sports are too long so i decided to get the race springs. I want to know how the drop is so i can decide whether i should go with out 1 isolator on each side.
pics would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advanced
alex

jeffsvt

Established Member
What is the real difference between the sport and race springs ? Are the race springs stiffer ? When they say race do they mean road race or is it a good drag spring ?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the race springs are stiffer and dont lower the car as much. they mean road race.

for drag racing just run a set of v6 springs and struts, and remove the front sway bar.

back in the day we'd run 90/10 shocks up front and 50/50 downlock shocks in back. dont know what the modern equiv is. google.

venomous99

Established Member
the race springs are rated about 100lbs higher than the sports. drop according to maximum motorsports and speedworx is the same.

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
Maximum Motorsports says they drop 1.5"-1.7" in the front and 1.4"-1.5" in the rear. I have the fronts on my car right now, I haven't had the time to do the rears. It might have lowered my front .75" in the front, but I also used the urathane isolators that they sell also. I did notice a drop, not much but looks ok. The ride is nice in the front too. When I come into a turn real hard I don't half the understeer I used to.

Satin03

Established Member
I just installed the Race Springs and am very pleased. I too was sick of waiting for the SS's. I was a little leary about the Race's, but after installing them and driving them around...they really kick ass. I have had them on now for a week with the stock isolators (all of them) and it dropped the rear very noticeable right away. The front however is not quite as noticeable. I have yet to take measurements but it is nice and level.....no more rake. I actually think the drop is perfect! I was a little concerned it would be too low but it sits perfect. Once I get some pics I will post them for you. But you definately can't go wrong with the Race's.

Good luck on your decision.

Mike

venomous99

Established Member
mike what do u estimate the drop was? i know its a generic way to gauge the drop, but how many finger gap do u have now?

Satin03

Established Member
Originally posted by venomous99
mike what do u estimate the drop was? i know its a generic way to gauge the drop, but how many finger gap do u have now?

Okay...went out to do the "finger" measurement, here goes:
Left Rear: 2 fingers
Right Rear: 2.5 fingers
Right Front: 2 fingers
Left Front: 2 Fingers

Please note that these fingers are the average and not to scale, results may vary! lol :lol:

Seriously...hope that helps. Let me know how it compares to stock.

Mike

Satin03

Established Member
Working on the pics...it may take me a little time. Believe it or not, I have yet to buy a digital camera, so I will borrow a friends. I'll get back with you.

Users who are viewing this thread