need some help with my clutch kit

leonides

Established Member
ok so i have an 1989 lx and i bought the adjustale cable ,quadrant ,and firewall adjustment ok so the problem is when i try to put the quadrant back on the one that goes underneath the pedal there is a small white spacer looking thing that i held on by a spring i think noe the nw quadrant wont seat in it enough for the hole to align to put the cotter pin is that white small part supposed to come off.....

leonides

Established Member
oh sorry i meant that the small white part is held on by a small spring and the new quadrant wont seat because that small piece is in the way so is that small piece supposed to come off

93sspcoupe

Established Member
i think what your refering too is the stock quadrant, there are 2 of them on a stock mustang. the large one is fairly easy to remove, the smaller on that rides along the large one is a pain in the butt to get off from my previous expierances.

but if thats what u are refering too then yes its suppose to come off also

leonides

Established Member
well i got everything in am just having trouble adjusting it still haing a little grind in 2nd gear going to try tighting it some more tomoro if you have and ideas please post thanks ahead of time

Users who are viewing this thread