Need some input...

69mach03

Established Member
I'm planning to build a 94/95 coupe and I need some advice... The car will be built for bracket racing mainly-- but will also run a plate for a few heads up races throughout the season. On a moderate budget, I would like to find a 408W that will last. I'd be happy with consistant N/A passes anywhere in the 9s and a high 8 on a nitrous tune. If I can get the car lightened up, I don't think it'll be that rough of a task. For combination purposes, here's a link to a long block---

D&D Motorsports 408W

I'm interested in AFR 225 heads, but would consider any other suggestions in that $ range... What nitrous jetting would I need to put the car through to pull off some 8 second runs at 3000 pounds (est)?

Also debating on transmissions. Again, I want this car to be a race winning bracket machine- but lost between Powerglide, C-4, and Lenco. Performance Automatics Super Comp C-4 advertise 1000 HP capibility. I would rather go with that route just in case I plan on streeting the car a couple days out of the year.

Would appreciate any advice from fellow racers.

Thanks!

Andrew@

This is Paradise!!
Established Member
well the only thing i can speak of is the nitrous......obiously u would strong internals inside this engine....u would also need a fogger system for this car (not though the intake). the nitrous will puddle up in ur intake if u do.. if u want a shot that will send u to thes 8s youll need probally a 300 shot, but im just guessing b/c im not sure what suspention, engine, tire, fuel , u have or are getting......good luck with ur project

Users who are viewing this thread