Need suggestions on a problem.

Lightmare

Banned
I searched and only found people who had similar problems but they all led to being firewall adjuster related.

Prior to installing a Spec 3+ and a Aluminum Flywheel, my car shifted like butter. I could shift with 2 fingers in every gear if I so pleased. Against my better judgement, I went and got the 3+ clutch and new flywheel installed.

The problem I'm having is that after 200 city miles, it doesn't want to go into any gear. I push it to go, it stops then goes in. Takes about a second and a half to complete a shift, be it into first all the way into reverse. Even after 483 city miles, I went wot and find it does the exact same thing.
With the car off, it shifts fine. When I start the car, I get the above problem going into any gear. But after I battle it into gear and keep the clutch engaged, go to neutral, still keeping the clutch engage, I can shift into every gear perfectly fine.

The more I pump the clutch prior to any gear, the harder it is to engage. It's like I'm hitting a gate/wall, takes a second and a half then slides in. Shifting fast has the identical effect. I push, it stops, then decides to go in. I adjusted the firewall adjuster to release from the floor, to all the way at the top and the problem persists.

As I said before, prior to the clutch and flywheel install it shifted beautifully. But as the miles piled on to the new setup, it has become exponentially worse to the point now that when I leave from a dead stop, 1 in 5 times I push into first and it doesn't go at all. I have to keep putting it in neutral and trying again over and over until when it does, it is terribly hard to do so.

I'm pissed off beyond belief and must spend more money to have it looked at/replaced.
I'm hoping someone has a educated guess as to what I need to look at to start fixing this problem.
Syncros or a trans problem, I don't know.

Car has 20,800 miles. 519 city on new clutch. 4:10 gears. Steeda quadrant and firewall adjuster.

Any help would be awsome. I'm just pissed with my car now cause I have yet to stop and enjoy it since I bought it last month do to everything going wrong so far. Once this is fixed, I will be done and can finally take my car to the track and begin to enjoy it.

Even thinking about going back to stock clutch and flywheel.

I have 480hp and 440 tq.

Thanks.

I'd like to also add, when everything was first put on and driven, the problem was not there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread