Need To Upgrade 03 Cobra Fuel Supply Sys

seavette77

Established Member
Just purchased a used Whipple 140ax for my 03 Cobra. I have been told that with the Whipple my existing fuel pump will not supply enough fuel and I need to increase flow with a more powerful pump or a KB boost-a-pump. Can you please provide a recommendation and cost for the appropriate modification?

Paul

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just purchased a used Whipple 140ax for my 03 Cobra. I have been told that with the Whipple my existing fuel pump will not supply enough fuel and I need to increase flow with a more powerful pump or a KB boost-a-pump. Can you please provide a recommendation and cost for the appropriate modification?

Paul

Paul,

A boost a pump with the stock pumps can handle the 600rwhp range. However that's pushing the stock pumps pretty much to their limit. I would suggest going with a pair of GT pumps, PPRV delete and a modified FPDM. That's going to replace the stock pumps with higher flowing Ford GT pumps and allow them to function without an external voltage booster (Bap) by using a modified FPDM.

Lethal Performance Ford GT Pump and Modified FPDM Upgrade Kit [LP-GTPUMPFPDMKIT] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Feel free to give us a call if you have any other questions and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks, Jared

GodStang

Established Member
Add to what black03 just listed is the Fore Hat. I just installed one and man is it nice. Easy install, looks great, deletes the PPRV, and it out flows the stock hat.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Add to what black03 just listed is the Fore Hat. I just installed one and man is it nice. Easy install, looks great, deletes the PPRV, and it out flows the stock hat.

Good call Josh. The Fore hat makes everything a breeze and does away with the PPRV all together. It's also pre-wired for the dual FPDM setup if the customer wants to go that route instead of the modified FPDM route.

Thanks again bro.

Jared

Users who are viewing this thread