New best on Motor.

00SS

Established Member
I still didn't get a chance to run the bottle on Friday... I went to hit the button and i hear this loud hissing noise coming from the back seat.. so i'm 1/2 way down the track trying to turn the bottle off.. until i could get to it and figure what was leaking. It ended up being the fitting and not the blow off valve.. but never-the-less it dumped the whole bottle :mj:

Anyway, my best pass was a 12.33 @ 110.9 w/ 1.7 60' rt=.576 i have no doubt, if i can ever get to the track with a fully operational bottle and some ET Drags i can pull a 11.5 - 11.7.
I still cannot flash the stall without smoking them to the 60' mark.. all of my runs are pretty much off idle (800-1000rpms).

The bad part is i was taking a buddy of mine home and raced a cobra on the tollway and blew 3 gear at a 60 punch.... had to drive 30 mi. back home in 2nd gear only. talk about shit luck... this is the 4th time i have blown the tranny... only 2 weeks on the last build w/ kevlar bands. wtf: I'm putting her in the shop tomorrow for a custom 'race build' for a pretty penny.. but they are guaranting the work... the tranny should hold upto 800 hp. If i ever have that much hp/tq.. it will be a happy day :D

anyway, take care

00SS

Established Member
well, you got me beat there.. i haven't dynoed in a while.. last time was with a Lid & Headers and it was 327 rwhp 341 rwtq. I would estimate now with all the other stuff done... maybe 360-370 rwhp and 395-400 rwtq. My stall is murder on trannies.. the clutches/bands can't hold it from a highway punch.. it seems to want to unlock and spool.. and that's no good for 3rd band.

I really need tire and brakes after that.. the Nitto DR's aren't that great for the track.. they are awesome street tires though. I can't flash the stall, as the first time i tried on Friday I got sideway and almost went into the other lane.. made the guy nervous as hell (i new him) I hoping with good temp's, new built tranny, & some ET Drags.. to hit 11's all motor. Well, that's the plan anyway :D

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
I had nitto 450's on the impala, great sticky road tire.............. I wish I was closer to dallas, would love to see the 00..........you got pics of it???

00SS

Established Member
yea, i'll post some up when i get home tonight. I have a video with sound i just put out onto a site. I'll email ya the link and login/pswd for the acct. it's about a 9 mb file but it's got some good audio :D

check your mail.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
OK cool.............. heres a pic of my impy...........

m314968.jpg

00SS

Established Member
Dude, that is sweet!! very nice ride man... one of these days we'll have to hook up and run em' :D How's the LT1 sound with those pipes./?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Mr. Howcome,
That ride is freakin' awesome! That's probably the best looking Impala SS I've ever seen.:block:

Users who are viewing this thread