New cluch & flywheel

Mt Twigbert

Established Member
I plan on ordering a new cluch and flywheel from Lethal but I'm not 100% sure what I need/want to order.. And I hate to call and bother you guys so I'll just post it here and you can help me when you get a free moment..

I recently fried my stock cluch in my 99 Cobra.. I want a replacement that will be good for the street, seeing I don't really ever go to the track.. The car is making 456 WHP now and I don't forsee it ever going above 500.. I'm using the stock tranny and IRS..

I was considering the Spec stage 2.. Is this a decent cluch for street driving and will it handle the current and projected power?

This is what I found on your web site.. Please tell me if this is the 'exact' part to order.. Spec Stage 2 cluch

I also want to upgrade my flywheel at the same time.. Is this Fidanza aluminum flywheel reasonable for what I need and is this the 'exact' part I need to order? Fidanza aluminum flywheel

Thank you..

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The two links to the parts you are interested in are correct, they will work with your 99 cobra. For the power the car is making, the Spec stage 2 would be a great clutch. You will get great drivability, light pedal, and the clutch can hold 550 rwhp. I have personally used that clutch to over 500 rwhp in my cobra. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Derek @ Lethal Performance

Mt Twigbert

Established Member
Thank you.. Order has been placed but I decided to spend a little more $ and went with the Spec aluminum flywheel..

Thanks again..

Mt Twigbert

Established Member
***Update***

Early Saturday morning I discovered I should have ordered the Spec Stage 2+ apposed to the Stage 2..

I called Lethal on Saturday and someone answered even though they were supposed to be closed.. This person confirmed that I 'should' have gone w/ the 2+.. He said I'd have to wait till Monday morning to see if it had shipped yet and if not they could change the order..

I called Monday morning and asked if the order could be changed.. The person was super nice about the situation.. With in a very short time I got an email confirming the order hand in fact been changed and a tracking number attached..

I am SUPER pleased.. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread