New Dyno #'s

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I just got back from Diablo Daze held by SocalDiablo at Superior Automotive Engineering.

1996 Cobra with 82,500 miles-Mods are:

BBK Long tube headers
BBK Hpipe (with cats)
Amercian Thunder Cat back
Underdrive Pullies
Densecharger
Dyno tuned DaibloSport Chip

Numbers are:

293 RWHP :D
289 RWTQ :D

I have to say that I am extremely pleased with the numbers my car put down.

I want to thank Pat, Willie and Shawn from DaibloSport for their help and expertise.
And I cant leave out Duane V :thumbsup:
Driving home was a frickin blast and I cant wait to take her to the track!

:burnout:

Alex

It was a blast hanging out with allyou characters today.:beer:

Last edited:

VNMHISS

Established Member
Congrats Alex! Those are some great numbers.:thumbsup: I can't wait to see what you run at the track. Now,I want some longtubes.:(

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
Thanks Guys I was pretty happy. I got 5 pulls on the dyno ,I think the mid day heat took a little toll. The last one netted me the 293 - I think it has some more in it as Pat and Willie wanted to try another profile and pull but the dyno marathon was running waaaay behind schedule due to a plane delay for them in Texas. The tuning got started around 11 am and I was schedule to go in at 6:00 am but didnt get tuned till 4:00pm. to say they were under a bit of a time crunch is an understatement.

They had to take care of the Bay Area crew first as they needed to get back on the road. Nice to put some faces to the names, there was a pretty big turn out from SVTPerformance members.

A

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I love how people are under the impression you need to work your heads and intake to hit 300 rwhp. Get a better MAF or port your stock one and pump the timing up a little and bingo. Good job. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
Though the 300 mark is pretty close I think at this point I will get some ET Streets and learn to drive the piss out of my current setup.
I would love to get a 12 out of her the way she sits. Maybe I can maybe I cant but it'll be fun trying.

A

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Alex,

there's a guy who runs at Carlsbad with a 96 GTS with an '01 Cobra motor who's gone twelve with it. Practice with your setup and get the most out of it. You're making good numbers at the wheels, man.

I wish I lived closer to C-Bad. 180 miles one way sucks.

John

Alex_96Cobra

Established Member
I usually go to Cali Speedway in Fontana but their night races are a joke, if your lucky you get 2 runs in 7 hours. I might try Cbad if it continues this way.

Booyah- you got me thinking of those extra 7 horses :D maybe I'll try the O/R hpipe and see if that does it
A

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by Alex_96Cobra
I usually go to Cali Speedway in Fontana but their night races are a joke, if your lucky you get 2 runs in 7 hours. I might try Cbad if it continues this way.

Booyah- you got me thinking of those extra 7 horses :D maybe I'll try the O/R hpipe and see if that does it
A

C-Bad is tricky on anything less that ET Streets. I ran on the F1's, went quicker on Nitt 315 DR's, but still couldn't break the 2.0 60'. ET streets are next.

You have to see Carlsbad to believe it. Weeds growing in between lanes. Horsepower at 200' elevation is awesome, though. Here's a link to their site for schedule Carlsbad

Good luck, and watch out for the Red GTS with the surprize inside!

John

Users who are viewing this thread