New Eibach Springs for GT500

Crossss

Mad Torque Inc.
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm going to pick the car up from Eibach later tonight but I wanted to post a couple of pics that were just sent to me from their R&D dept. My car was only used for final test fitting for GT500 specific springs (not the coilover system) as the previous test car that was used for specs/measurements blew a tranny when he was drag racing and couldn't make it back. I'll be picking it up later tonight. Let me know what you think.

This is the Pro-Kit which is being rushed to production and should be available w/in a month from now.
Lowered
1.5" in front
1.7" in rear

Special thanks to JD (fatchile) and Dave (dgussin1) for the contact :beer:

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Can't wait till more stuff like this starts hitting the market. They need a drop ASAP :pepper:

Crossss

Mad Torque Inc.
Established Member
R1Lello said:
Looks like it needs an alignment. Yes??

The car was aligned at Eibach before it was finished. The car definately hugs the road a lot tighter on turns and feels more solid when hitting higher speeds :-D The guys at Eibach were surprised at how soft the stock springs/shocks were on the car. Maybe Ford did this to help improve ride quality :shrug: I think the car will greatly benefit from adj. shocks. The coilover system isn't due out for 2-3 months and once it's ready I'll head back up there, have it installed, and report back.

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
Crossss said:
The car was aligned at Eibach before it was finished. The car definately hugs the road a lot tighter on turns and feels more solid when hitting higher speeds :-D The guys at Eibach were surprised at how soft the stock springs/shocks were on the car. Maybe Ford did this to help improve ride quality :shrug: I think the car will greatly benefit from adj. shocks. The coilover system isn't due out for 2-3 months and once it's ready I'll head back up there, have it installed, and report back.

Ford did it for the ride quality of the Market they assumed to be selling to. It is way too soft and takes away handling potential from the car. No justification for it, imo, since it is a performance machine and it is ment to have a stiff ride.

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
Glad it worked out for you. Ride height is pretty much perfect! Great looking ride.

Nice stance indeed. :beer: Makes the car look less bulky as well.

Users who are viewing this thread