New girodisc rotors?

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
Are these new to the market? I've seen this company before and was thinking about the baer rotors but now seeing these i kinda like the way these look and dont have to worry about the cross drilled cracking. Anyone use these?

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
Not new, but updated design. I just ordered a full set for my 2008, delivery next week. I am installing Hawk HPS brake pads with them for high performance street application. They don’t make rear rotors for 2013-14 models yet.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
I currently have older single piece DBA 4000 series rotors on all four corners now, and I have been pleased with their performance on the street. If they had made two piece 5000 series rotors for my rear axle, I would have gone with the 5000 series instead. I’m only replacing because the fronts are starting to wear, and I am installing some drivetrain upgrades over the winter…. Decided to freshen things up a little.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I run them on my 14, they're better than OEM and weigh about 12 pounds less. Definitely recommend
Screenshot_20231201_184525_Gallery.jpg

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
I currently have older single piece DBA 4000 series rotors on all four corners now, and I have been pleased with their performance on the street. If they had made two piece 5000 series rotors for my rear axle, I would have gone with the 5000 series instead. I’m only replacing because the fronts are starting to wear, and I am installing some drivetrain upgrades over the winter…. Decided to freshen things up a little.
sweet ! thank you for sharing! its a tuff choice and was wondering the weight of the 5000 series rotor compared to the girodisc. im assuming that the price of the dba is for 1 rotor but i might try and reach out to ask. I do like both designes for sure but i think the girodisc may have a longer life.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Not new, but updated design. I just ordered a full set for my 2008, delivery next week. I am installing Hawk HPS brake pads with them for high performance street application. They don’t make rear rotors for 2013-14 models yet.

They have said the rears are in the works for a few years now. Still hopeful for a full set.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I used Girodisc rotors front and rear on my E63 and my E55. They were actually cheaper than factory E63 rotors. Saved a bunch of weight, better looks, and then cheap replacements in the future.

I finally had to replace the iron ring on the E55 rotors recently, which was cheaper than OEM rotors. I'd highly recommend them.

80KM2E

Established Member
They have said the rears are in the works for a few years now. Still hopeful for a full set.
Yep, its been a long time coming. 13/14 is very niche market and the rotor size is unique, so the tooling ends up being costly. If there's enough interest or perhaps deposits for them to make the tooling happen I'm sure they'd make them. I live close by to Girodisc in WA so I've been in their shop and have spoken to them a couple times regarding the GT500 rears.

That being said, I decided to just run their S197 rear offering on my GT racecar after having oem & centric blank rotors crack after a couple events, sometimes even one event! Since swapping over to their rear, the rings last over a whole season - almost two seasons. Many GT owners run the 13/14 GT500 brackets with the plain / oem larger rear rotors and that also works, but adds rotational mass. I think the smaller Girodisc is a better setup, just because of the 2pc design allowing much better heat dissipation and its a lot lighter.

The only reason I see moving to the 13/14 size is for the looks to fill out wheel, or for the small market of 13/14 GT500 owners who would actually fork up the cash for a set.

Users who are viewing this thread