New GT for the Boss

Kenosha Chris

Established Member
OK the Boss Lady wants an '05 GT Black etc., etc. Since I'm opening up another new company (helicopters), my question is: Is anyone getting any good deals on the '05's? What kind of lease deals? Not trying to be nosey but I could use some good inputs. The new Ford dealer in town has 1 GT that is only marked own a couple hundred bucks. Is this the standard now 'cause they are new?

Thanks in advance

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Most of the new GTs only last an hour or 2 on the lot (since they are new & hot). V6 mustangs last alot longer. Some dealers were marking GTs up $2,500. In Canada, Mustang sales are up 250% (that's right, two HUNDRED fifty percent) from same month last year (November). New = HOT
Hope this helps! Good luck, and if your boss needs a boy toy, let me know!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
crispy23c said:
and if your boss needs a boy toy, let me know!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hey, i wanna play too...she can consider me a hobby-----> :lol:

Last edited:

Kenosha Chris

Established Member
I guess I don't understand what I said that would elicit such crude remarks about my wife. A joke is a joke but ...............

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
Kenosha Chris said:
OK the Boss Lady wants an '05 GT Black etc., etc. Since I'm opening up another new company (helicopters), my question is: Is anyone getting any good deals on the '05's? What kind of lease deals? Not trying to be nosey but I could use some good inputs. The new Ford dealer in town has 1 GT that is only marked own a couple hundred bucks. Is this the standard now 'cause they are new?

Thanks in advance

Hello there. I'm from Bristol, right down the road. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Anyway, a few weeks back I went to the Ford SVT dealer on HWY 100 in Milwaukee. I believe they were asking msrp for their '05. They still had a few Cobra's on the lot for invoice (under 30K) Personally I would not pay over, or even msrp for just a GT. When supply catches up with demand these cars will be everywhere.

AzDropTop

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Most of the new GTs only last an hour or 2 on the lot (since they are new & hot). V6 mustangs last alot longer. Some dealers were marking GTs up $2,500. In Canada, Mustang sales are up 250% (that's right, two HUNDRED fifty percent) from same month last year (November). New = HOT
Hope this helps! Good luck, and if your boss needs a boy toy, let me know!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Local dealer here in Tucson shows 3 GT's on the lot and I've seen the same grey one out front for at least a week. DO not pay MSRP. If you have to wait until Jan or Feb. There will be so many 05's on the lot at the end of next year it will be scary.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
AzDropTop said:
Local dealer here in Tucson shows 3 GT's on the lot and I've seen the same grey one out front for at least a week. DO not pay MSRP. If you have to wait until Jan or Feb. There will be so many 05's on the lot at the end of next year it will be scary.

Waiting until Jan or Feb is not going to do much, because there still is far less quantitiy than demand. The dealership I work at has over 30 GT's on special order because people don't want to wait.

MSRP is not bad, especially because there is only about $2000 to invoice! Your talking a whopping $40/mo to have to wait until possibly Spring. Go down to your dealer and special order one, you never know they may give you some incentive off the msrp.

69hahaha

Established Member
Kenosha Chris said:
I guess I don't understand what I said that would elicit such crude remarks about my wife. A joke is a joke but ...............

I don't think they knew you were talking about your wife, but your actual boss. :beer:

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Red Turtle said:
Waiting until Jan or Feb is not going to do much, because there still is far less quantitiy than demand. The dealership I work at has over 30 GT's on special order because people don't want to wait.

MSRP is not bad, especially because there is only about $2000 to invoice! Your talking a whopping $40/mo to have to wait until possibly Spring. Go down to your dealer and special order one, you never know they may give you some incentive off the msrp.

Our next 45 Gt's are sold(selling us out untill end of january), with more orders placed daily. We get periodic 'stock' stragglers snuck in(usually ordered to avoid all material hold delays like spoilers or IUP's so they go to the front of the line). We went through with management and sales last week on our customers to-call list for a rough list of working customers when a stock gt comes in. We have WAY over 500 phone numbers(they stopped counting) that get called on every one-I myself have 65 in the database. We get about 10 people a day that say the exact same thing 'i see you have a v6, do you have any gt's?'-its almost like a script. In this area the easiest way to get a test drive is to order one.

Agreed on the MSRP, if you need $1000 off on a 27k car, you should be shopping an 04 with rebates or a V6. The 05 is actually cheaper on the sticker option for option then the 04.

Last edited:

AzDropTop

Established Member
KevinB120 said:
Our next 45 Gt's are sold(selling us out untill end of january), with more orders placed daily. We get periodic 'stock' stragglers snuck in(usually ordered to avoid all material hold delays like spoilers or IUP's so they go to the front of the line). We went through with management and sales last week on our customers to-call list for a rough list of working customers when a stock gt comes in. We have WAY over 500 phone numbers(they stopped counting) that get called on every one-I myself have 65 in the database. We get about 10 people a day that say the exact same thing 'i see you have a v6, do you have any gt's?'-its almost like a script. In this area the easiest way to get a test drive is to order one.

Agreed on the MSRP, if you need $1000 off on a 27k car, you should be shopping an 04 with rebates or a V6. The 05 is actually cheaper on the sticker option for option then the 04.

Personally I don't think the issue is a $1000 bucks, the issue is having to pay MSRP now, or above MSRP in some places, istead of below invoice latter in the year.

Graves

Established Member
I went to the local Ford dealer here, they had one black 05 GT, near fully loaded, red interior , wheels, shaker 500, automatic... sticker was almost $27k and they had it marked up to $31k and change. It's rediculous.

Art Vandalay

I'll sell you an 05 under MSRP. Ive got a red GT on the lot now but would be happy to try and find something you'd like. Let me know. Im not to far away from you.

Kenosha Chris

Established Member
Apologies accepted and all is forgotten, thanks. I think we'll wait 'til spring and let demand catch up. Also, I might have to give up my Vette vert, so I'll try to hold out for a '05 vert. The only problem with that is the stinkin' 13 second roll bar rule. Had to back off on my '98 Cobra vert or get tossed. That sucks. Sorry I took so long on this but I spent most of the last 2 weeks moving helicopetrs from CA to here. Now if anyone wants helicopter rides and/or instruction, we're ready to go.

Ya'all have a Merry and Holy Christmas from Kenosha Chris

Users who are viewing this thread