New guy with a 2014 GT.

Tommy Y

Established Member
Bought this one back in June of last year. It is my second Coyote powered Mustang. I previously owned a 2003 Torch Red Mach 1, then a black 13 Brembo equipped GT, which got totalled. I had a 2015 Challenger RT for a bit, but had to come back to the Mustang life. I also own an 86 t top hatch and an 89 notch back that are future projects. I think I have an addiction, maybe I should seek treatment? Anyway, here's a couple pics of my current 2014 GT. Hope you guys like it.

IMG_20181103_140441.jpg
IMG_20190201_182653.jpg

Tommy Y

Established Member
Welcome aboard! Wow that’s sharp! What mods? Pics and details of the projects are needed!

Thanks! I found this car in Nashville, and it was just like you see it. It has lowering springs of unknown origin (they look to be blue in color), it has an adjustable upper control arm and an adjustable panhard bar. It HAD tubular non-adjustable lowers, but I took them off recently as the poly bushing were hanging out of them and that caused some really spooky handling....lol. I replaced them with the Ford Performance GT500 lowers and I like them alot. Shocks and struts look to be stock.

It is rolling on 20 inch Rohana RC7s (I think). Fronts are 20x9 with 255/35/20 Nitto's, and I'm not certain the size on the rear, but I think 20x10? I recently replaced the 275/35/20 rear Nitto's with 285/35/20s and they were not only a little cheaper, but I think they look a little meatier. They are not on the car in any of my pics.

The exhaust is factory manifolds, cats, and h-pipe to some sort of stainless OTA's and a Roush axle back. Zero mods under the hood.

It also came with a JL audio amp and 10" sub enclosure that fits nicely in the passenger rear corner of the trunk and looks almost factory. The rest of the stereo system is stock as far as I can tell and suits my needs just fine.

The car has a little over 47k on it right now and is my DD. It is a 6-speed manual, 3.31 geared,non-brembo car with black cloth interior. I would love to do some mods in the future, but budget is tight really tight right now. I'm at work, and it's getting busy, so I'll check back later and throw a few details on the 2 fox bodies, but they are nothing special right now.

Tommy Y

Established Member
Oh man, my 2013 GT, may she rest in peace :( , was black and I really loved that car. Just looking at that pic of your gorgeous black GT breaks my heart.

Tommy Y

Established Member
So my 86 T top hatch was originally a 6 cylinder car, i think. I bought it with the intention of cloning an 85 GT and have the correct bumper and fog lamps, the dual snorkel air cleaner, valve covers, and halo head rests. I loved the grey seats with the red piping and intend to re-do the seats with the correct covers. It will roll on polished 10 hole wheels and I want to step back into the 80's every time I bang gears on that T-5 and listen to those Flowmasters hum that unmistakable small block Ford tune.

The 89 Notchback is an original 4 cylinder car that has already had a V8 conversion. It came with an 8.8 with some sort of aftermarket axles, 4.10 gears, uppers, lowers, and Strange shocks and struts. It also came with a set of 1 3/4" long tube headers and 3 inch exhaust with Flowmasters and turndowns at the rear. I have a 2000 Explorer 302 that I have finished rebuilding the short block on. Stock build, with a b-cam. Heads are GT40p's with that have some very minor port work and better springs, 1.7 roller rockers. I have a dual plane intake and a Holley Avenger 670, but would really like to go fuel injected. I plan to make this one my daily so I can drive my 14 on weekends and nice days. The car has also had a 5 lug conversion and I will be running polished Racestars. The car is Oxford White with grey interior, and will also be a T-5 car.

Users who are viewing this thread