New Lightning Owners Organization

JERRY HART

Established Member
Hi All
This is my first post on the Gen 2 Board.The purpose of this is to try and establish a new Lightning Owners Club.I'm located in the midwest,I have several days a week to spend researching and initiating new events and Ideas.I think the old NLOC has fallen by the wayside and am prepared to devote time and energy to a new club for all Lightning owners.This will consist of both Gen1 and Gen 2 L's.

I have several volunteers all L owners to help me with this venture.This isn't a for profit thing all proceeds will be used to promote and sponsior Lightning awareness in our communities and in the car clubs and racing world.There are many of us now with new ideas to share and thoughts as to what a club might do for all of us.

We see the membership fee as the same as previously charged by the NLOC as $30 per year.You'll get your moneys worth in membership related items.

I'm a retired businessman,as are some of my associates.Not old guys just self employed or retired at early ages.Were tired of seeing the NLOC not respond to our wants and needs,and want to be united.Can we make it happen,yes we can.I think we need 100 people that are willing to give this a shot, and I can personally promise you it will be a great success.

There is an event at Byron Illinois on Oct 7Th,if you plan on coming let me know.We can meet talk, and get this thing rolling.
Please if your interested give me a call and I'll get your info.No money is involved to begin with I want to make sure their is a desire before we go taking any money to do club related tasks with.
Guys and Gals,
This is our chance lets unite
Jerry Hart
309-496-1205
[email protected]

99BlackBolt

Established Member
Jerry,
First off welcome to svtperformance... I will be at byron on the 7th and am interested in your ideas on this... Hopefully alot of people from these boards will show up...

Later, Justin

RobG

Established Member
J MAN,

I like the idea and here's my input. How about something local like ILLNESS.com ??? It could be a tri-state club with events held in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin next year with actual payouts
instead of hamburgers ( not that there's anything wrong with free burgers ). :dw: More ideas to come on the 7th.

JERRY HART

Established Member
Justin
Thanks for your reply.I really want to make this happen, and we need all the support we can get.I don't think the organization can be run by Sal I think he's far to busy, but at the same time I also don't think a vendor should chair our club.I'll get back to you,hopefully the support is there and we can get this thing rolling.I would hope Sal would turn the NLOC over to us to improve and get more involvement for all members and people wh want to become members.I'll see you on the 7th I have a silver L and you'll recognize it pretty easily.Talk to your friends and get em fired up we can make this happen.
Talk to ya on the 7th in the meantime keep watching the boards to see if this is gonna fly
Thanks
Jerry Hart

JERRY HART

Established Member
Rob G
We have to try something,I'd like to get bigger and better.This has nothing to do with me personally I just think the club could be put on a sound footing and people like you can help do it.I can only promise that we can handle it,there have been several volunteers come forward from a web designer to a person willing to do newsletters,so this is a win/win situation.I'd like to think the club would survive as is but we both know better than that.
Lets talk more,and lets see what the interest level is.I'm hopeful this will fly
Later Pal
You better go shine that L up,you have one fine vehicle there.I'm going to consult an attorney and see what is involved in establishing a club and the payouts etc.
later!!!!
Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread