New plugs.Denso Iridium IT22,s

Kazmonator

Established Member
Hello .New member asking for advice.I just installed the Denso Iridium IT22,s in my blown Cobra. To me the car seems to be lacking in the get up and go dept.My previous plugs were NGK TR6,s.How can you tell if the heat range is too hot or too cold?Has anyone else tried these plugs?If so what was your combo. I,m running them with an MSD DIS 4 unit. Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
IT22's are 2 heat ranges colder than stock.

I had them in my car until about a few weeks ago. I kept throwing codes about being too rich/lean and random cylinder or cylinder 2 misfires. I tried ALL kinds of things to make them go away but they kept popping up. So I finally decided to try different plugs and went with Autolite AR94's (also 2 heat ranges colder) and I have not had 1 single code yet.

Either I had a bum set of plugs or those plugs just don't work well. They were my 2nd set of Denso's too.

I'll never use them again, I'll stick with the AR94's.

Chris98vobra

Too much boost
Established Member
I just replaced a set of IT20s I ran for 10 months. The 22s did not work well with my DIS4 but I found that the IT20s did OK. After spending $100 for a set I decided to keep them in for a while.

Well the net is. I now am back to cheapo Autolite 764s and the car definitely feels stronger. FWIW - the color fo the plugs were a little whiter than they should be, but not bad.

Chris

Kazmonator

Established Member
Originally posted by Chris98vobra
I just replaced a set of IT20s I ran for 10 months. The 22s did not work well with my DIS4 but I found that the IT20s did OK. After spending $100 for a set I decided to keep them in for a while.

Well the net is. I now am back to cheapo Autolite 764s and the car definitely feels stronger. FWIW - the color fo the plugs were a little whiter than they should be, but not bad.

Chris
I used the NGK TR6,s before the Denso,s.When i changed them out last week i gave the old plugs to a friend to check them and tell me what he thinks my car is doing. Well,even i could tell she,s runnin rich..What i did not see until i put my glasses on, the electrodes were damn near gone.Only put on about 10.000 Km,s.OH well they,re cheap enough to replace bi- yearly. I,ve just got home from a test run with the car back to stock ignition. I don,t know how but, it seems to be running stronger and still pulls up to redline .Having said that the outside temps is down to about 5 degrees here tonight so maybe the cool weather helps.

Users who are viewing this thread