New Product: Steeda IRS Subframe Braces

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Steeda IRS Subframe Braces Featured.jpg
Hold Tight
Steeda Autosports introduces bolt-on braces for the S550 IRS subframe
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Steeda Autosports

The crew at Steeda Autosports is hard at work developing upgrades for the latest Mustang. We recently shared the company’s new IRS Subframe Bushing Support System, and now they are back with another clever new product for the rearend of the 2015-and-newer Mustang—S550 Mustang Rear IRS Subframe Braces (PN 555-5754; $194.95).
Continue reading →

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That's an interesting product, and I can see how it can add rigidity. It would be nice if there was a way to get a visual perspective (or actual measurements) of how much it helps. Gone are the days where you could jack up one corner of a Mustang and flex the chassis so much the door wouldn't open.

RSKtakR

Established Member
I'm also curious to know how much these ACTUALLY help. I have the hop stopper kit, but not installed yet. I get the feeling I am going to end up replacing LOTS of the stock suspension w/ all aftermarket it looks like lol.

David@Steeda

View attachment 38230
Hold Tight
Steeda Autosports introduces bolt-on braces for the S550 IRS subframe
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Steeda Autosports

The crew at Steeda Autosports is hard at work developing upgrades for the latest Mustang. We recently shared the company’s new IRS Subframe Bushing Support System, and now they are back with another clever new product for the rearend of the 2015-and-newer Mustang—S550 Mustang Rear IRS Subframe Braces (PN 555-5754; $194.95).
Continue reading →

Thanks, Steve! To provide a bit more info, without these braces installed, if you were to remove your rear IRS subframe bolts the entire assembly will hang down over 1” from the chassis.

With the braces installed and you remove the same bolts, the entire sub-assembly hangs down less than ¼”.

It really helps the rigidity of the subframe.

chadr0

Established Member
Are these meant as a different option at stopping wheel hop than the bushing supports? Or are they meant to be complimentary? Any increase in NVH with these?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Thanks, Steve! To provide a bit more info, without these braces installed, if you were to remove your rear IRS subframe bolts the entire assembly will hang down over 1” from the chassis.

With the braces installed and you remove the same bolts, the entire sub-assembly hangs down less than ¼”.

It really helps the rigidity of the subframe.
is this 100% ONLY structural flexing, or does this also include flex due to the pliable subframe bushings that would otherwise be non-existent with solid subframe bushings? if the solid subframe bushings(like the ford racing pieces) would reduce flex equally as well, they seem like the better option(NVH aside, which these braces with factories bushings totally win with) since they make improvements in multiple areas.

Users who are viewing this thread