New Times with QMP 1 3/4" Long Tube Headers

Rob Raymer

Established Member
I'm kinda pressed for time, so I'll be brief for now.

The car is now fitted with the first prototype 1 3/4" primary full length stainless headers. We didn't have time to get it on the dyno yet (just got it running yesterday), but we hurried and went to the local track today anyway. Unfortunately, it's only an 1/8 mile track.

Anyway, my previous best 1/8 mile without headers was a 7.38 @ 95mph on a 1.60 60ft. Tonight, on my first pass it went 7.17 @ 98.5 on a 1.61 60ft.
On the next pass, the timeclocks didn't work, so I don't know what it went.
On the third pass, I dumped the clutch at about 4000 on the line, and it didn't move. Apparently the clutch shattered. But I won't know for sure until Monday. (It already had a SPEC Stage 3 clutch in it)

So it looks like the headers really helped. 2/10 quicker in the 1/8, and 4.5mph faster! The F1's are now completely useless in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Oddly enough, it's not much louder than before. Still no resonance or drone inside the car. And very quiet at cruise speeds.

Based on my 1/8, it should go at least an 11.2x in the 1/4. And I'm pretty sure it'll dyno over 500rwhp now. But I guess we'll see later this week when we get a clutch in it.

p.s. There were no other changes made to the car. Still the same chip, stock throttlebody, etc. Just the addition of headers.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Last edited:

matt lankford

all is sold
put me first on the list please. i blew a manifold gasket and im going to replace with LTs, since im getting your exaust i would like your headers too since i have to park the car untill i get all of this, i would like to be first on the list

matt lankford

all is sold
Originally posted by lotsafastrides
put me first on the list please. i blew a manifold gasket and im going to replace with LTs, since im getting your exaust i would like your headers too since i have to park the car untill i get all of this, i would like to be first on the list

EDIT, i will buy the whole setup off of you car if you can next day air it to me;-)

i will pay extra just to get my car back on the street, i should run over 100 in the 1/8 with headers and exaust

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
Originally posted by Rob Raymer
Give me a call on Monday or Tuesday about the headers.

I'm using M/T ET STreets, 26x11.5x16.

wow..are the headers available yet? if so please let me know. I might as well order them now since i have to wait for the exhaust anyway.
let me know
thanks.
Jersey

[sky]03cobra

Established Member
damn dude...i cant believe your clutch shattered like that.. how much have u been racing it? did u blow up the stock clutch as well?? any broken half shafts yet? sorry for all the ?'s.. :)

Rob Raymer

Established Member
The stock clutch started slipping at NMRA, so I replaced it with the SPEC Stage 3 Carbon. I've put about 1000 miles on it on the street, but that was only my 3rd pass at the track with it. Not quite sure what exactly failed yet. But I'm thinking it must have been defective. We've been using SPEC clutches for a long time now, and as far as I know, this is the first time this has ever happened.

I've never broken any halfshafts.......yet.

Users who are viewing this thread