New to Tampa Bay Area!!!

Enforcer03

Established Member
Hello everyone!

I am new to the Tampa area and was wondering where everyone hangs out on the weekend nights and days? Are there any weekly cruise-in schedules or car shows?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Thanks,
Jeremy
03 Black Cobra

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
Welcome to Tampa. Just last week we had a group of about 10 '03 Cobras go out to the track in Bradenton. Keep checking the FL forum to keep updated on the next time we all head out to the track again. Saturday nights a lot of people go out to Gandy bridge and the Sonic over there. If you want more info. just PM me. A few of us are usually out every Saturday night.

Enforcer03

Established Member
Thanks for the welcome!

I will definately be joining in on the local fun.

Are there any local experienced shops for tuning on the 03's?

I have a dual switch diablo installed, but I want to get it dyno-tuned when I add a few more parts. Right now I am basically just using it to delete the O2 sensors for my exhaust. I really haven't had any time to install a lot of parts, but they are definately coming.

Tampasvt03,

I am originally from Buffallo, but have been living in Jacksonville for a couple of years now. Relocated to Tampa for my company.

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
I'm pretty sure you can't dyno tune a Diablo. You'd have to send it back to Diablo and have them re-burn it. Cheaper, but not guaranteed that you'll get what you want. I had a Diablo but wasn't happy with the A/F. So I went to Tony at Need For Speed (see sig in my above post) and had him put in an Autologic chip and dyno tune it for me. The A/F is nice and flat throughout the RPM range now.

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Isn't Diablo located in FL? I know there is a SoCal Diablo, but someone told me that Diablo is located in FL.

Enforcer - just check this forum for updates on track days or cruises.

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
You can call Sam at Coastal Dyno in the East Tampa, Brandon area. He can tune your car on his Mustang Dyno, he has access to all of Diablo's tunes and also has some custom programs for your chip. I personally use a Superchip Tuned by Dave Caine of Superchips at Lamottas Performance near Orlando on thier Dynojet. Most chips will give you the same results, its all based on how good the tuner is and what you are looking for in a tune.

Users who are viewing this thread