New To The Board

BottleFed

Established Member
Hey guys(and possible gals)!!! I just found your site today and I thought that I would join in. I will tell you a little about my SVT.

I have a black 99 cobra. Its has nitrous if you couldn't tell by the name. Steeda U/D pullies with the timing adjuster. Mac cold air kit the typical Bassani x-pipe w/cats and flowmasters. I have 17" Torq Thrust II wheels with 275/40/17's on the front and 315/35/17 BFG drag Radials on the back. Eiback pro-kit lowering springs.

My best time on motor is 13.01 @ 105.7(that was with nitto d/r 275/40/17) I haven't had a chance to try the new tires yet. On the special sauce it went 12.25 @ 117.8 mph I can't jump on the N2O until 2nd gear because of wheel hop :cuss: That was w/ 100 hp jets since then I picked up the timing adjuster and will be running the 150 jets.

I promise following post will not be as long just getting to know everyone.

Keep stompn' those crapmaro's and fireturd's :bash:

BottleFed

Established Member
Tim, what do you think about the GKN half shafts? Have you had good luck with them?? I need to upgrade badly. Everytime I launch I hold my breath just waiting for one to go :cryying:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
So far so good! I know what your talking about, that's why I bought the GKN's. You don't need to worry with stock 3.27 gears. If you change them it's just a matter of time till a shaft goes.
The GKN's are nice, a lot stronger than the stock.

Tim :)

BottleFed

Established Member
I have 4:10's now and I was thinking about getting a live axle but if the GKN's are holding up then I would like to try that and have the best of both worlds

FriedRice

Established Member
LR 01 COBRA

Where can I get those GKN half shafts? Also I see that you have Paul's IRS brace. What is it and where do I get that as well?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by BottleFed
Hey guys(and possible gals)!!! I just found your site today and I thought that I would join in. I will tell you a little about my SVT.

I have a black 99 cobra. Its has nitrous if you couldn't tell by the name. Steeda U/D pullies with the timing adjuster. Mac cold air kit the typical Bassani x-pipe w/cats and flowmasters. I have 17" Torq Thrust II wheels with 275/40/17's on the front and 315/35/17 BFG drag Radials on the back. Eiback pro-kit lowering springs.

My best time on motor is 13.01 @ 105.7(that was with nitto d/r 275/40/17) I haven't had a chance to try the new tires yet. On the special sauce it went 12.25 @ 117.8 mph I can't jump on the N2O until 2nd gear because of wheel hop :cuss: That was w/ 100 hp jets since then I picked up the timing adjuster and will be running the 150 jets.

I promise following post will not be as long just getting to know everyone.

Keep stompn' those crapmaro's and fireturd's :bash:

Welcome to the board, sounds like you gat a killer Cobra there. :eek: :eek: :eek:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
:) The GKN's Contact: Steve Davis [email protected] or 1-248-926-6132 GKN Motor Sport. The Brace: Paul's High Performance www.paulshp.com 1-517-764-7661 if you order the brace get the better bushings. Brace and bushings $200 Half shafts $470 ea ask Steve if a Group purchase is going on and try to jump in it. GP price $410 ea. It will save you some $$$$$$$$$$. If you go to the Drag strip all the time, you would be better off going to a solid axle, it will be cheaper in the long run. I only go maybe 20 times a summer. Something to think about. The IRS is not for Hard core drag racers!!!!!!!! My .02 cents

Tim :idea:

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
OPPS! I forgot to tell you how the brace works. It mounts to the rear end and the frame. Paul's brace will clear the vibe dampener on the 01 Cobra's. The FR500 brace the Ford has won't. It took me 30 mins to install, simple bolt on!

Tim :)

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Welcome To the Board :D

Have you decided on a brace yet? Do either of theses braces interupt your suspensions movement durring "normal" driving?

The IRS is to help stop wheel hop, I was just wondering if they had a negative impact on your suspension abilty to move when not luanching?

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
Has no effect on normal driving as far as to how the IRS works. The only negitive I can think of is the fact that it transfers a little more road noise.

Tim

svtgirl

Girls can too!!!
Established Member
Welcome, bottle fed....

I have to agree... the GKN halfshafts and the IRS brace has made a big difference in my car too :)

Users who are viewing this thread