New to the game...Is it realistic to pick up a GT350 for MSRP?

prosdoc

I never really saw myself ever considering a Mustang or better yet, a Ford, however, the GT350 really does look awesome. I'm used to fast cars...having had a modded 07 STi (E85, stock turbo, full bolt-ons) putting down 370whp, a stock E92 M3, and now a very clean, built 2013 Evo (built bottom end, MHI 18k turbo, bolt-ons, E85) with 400+whp on a very consevative Mustang dyno. In any case, I'm considering trading in my Evo for the GT350. When searching local dealerships, it seems like there's only one in the Chicago area that even has/is getting a GT350 (with the tech pkg) and they're asking $67k, which is $15k over invoice, $10k over MSRP. I this the norm since it's in such low supply? What are the overall experiences throughout the country? I'm certainly not desperate to trade and I don't have to have it right now if I'm going to be ripped off by dealers taking advantage. Thoughts/advice....

Lemers

Established Member
Right now all I can say is it will be harder.

The cars are just starting production and most the dealers willing to sell at MSRP most likely have a deposit for it. There is a reason dealers haven't gotten a deposit on their allocation yet.

There will be at least another round of this for 2017. So you will need to do a lot of leg work, be willing to travel, and have a little luck and you may get this car for a good price.

Para81

Established Member
This is how it works, they built the Shelby GT500 and people paid a lot of money over sticker the first 2 years. Then came the Boss 302 and Boss 302 Laguna Seca - same thing. Now we have the Shelby GT350 which is in a whole different league (991 GT3 territory) so this ADM stuff will be strong for a year or two. Can it be had for MSRP? Yes, but you're going to have to broaden your search from home and compile a list of maybe 20-30 dealers within 1,000 miles of your location. Call everyone of them and start talking. You may get lucky.

I did that with my Boss Laguna Seca and got it for MSRP. My Shelby GT350 is being built to spec by me at MSRP from the same dealer.

Keep us posted.

Para81

Established Member
Also keep in mind about the tech package, you can't get the cool alcantara Recaro seats if you order that. I'm assuming based on what you've had in the past that you would prefer the track package (alcantra Recaros, engine, differential, trans, cooling and larger stabilizer bar). You can always add a sound system later if you're into that.

hognutz

Established Member
my .02 on this topic is chase the allocation and then have the car delivered to you local dealer. The minute the person you talking to does not seem to understand the allocation terminology start talking to a different person.

if you want a deal be prepared to wait for the second,third allocation as some people are willing to pay more not to wait. The timing of the this car has made me kind of go into a holding pattern as I did not want a car to get delivered in oct-nov when that time of year I would probably not really get in seat time until feb or so where I live.

I am going to start shaking the trees in December again.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
my .02 on this topic is chase the allocation and then have the car delivered to you local dealer.
Just be aware your local dealer doesn't have to do it for free, and IIRC there's a $300 charge from Ford (or the prep/destination/delivery fees are based on the target region/dealer, can't recall), and there are limitations on what they will ship where. Unfortunately I don't have any of this documented, but I did have a conversation about this with my dealer as I was going to purchase in NE Ohio and take delivery in Tampa.

Users who are viewing this thread