New TOB and clutch installed now I have some ?'s

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
Picked up my car today with the TOB and clutch. The clutch feels completly differet, doesn't seem to be as stiff as it was and now it grabs probably like 3mm away from the floor. You literally have to stand on the clutch to avoid grinding grears. Is this something that I will just get used to after time or is their some kind of break in period with a new clutch? Also I have noticed some clutch chatter when starting off in first gear, I have only had time to drive to work so I couldn't really get a good feel for it and it is raining like mad. I am going to give it a few days I guess. For those that had the same work done, do you have any issues like mine or any other ones?? Any input would be great.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
My new clutch was the opposite. The original one grabbed about 1 inch from the floor and this one is a bit more forgiving.

Have you tried the manual adjustment?

Car off.

Put in first gear.

Foot under clutch pedal pull up.

Push pedal all the way down. You may hear a click.

Try that first.

2003 Cobra

Established Member
I believe the Royal Purple Synchromax transmission fluid, I put in, slowed down the trans and helped me get it into gear easier. I also have a Steeda quick release quadrant (the red one) and a UPR adjuster. Now there is more pedal for a slightly higher release. The trans now shifts smooth as silk.

Users who are viewing this thread