New tranny @ 65 miles?

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
I have someone offering me the T56 tranny out of an '03 Cobra that has only 65 miles on it. Claims the customer is going to a different tranny. This sounds fishy to me, but just wanted to get your feedback. Claims the tranny has no racing on it. My question is, what else is there to go to that's better than the T56 and why would they do it? Should I stay away from this deal?

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by DanTheCobraMan
I have someone offering me the T56 tranny out of an '03 Cobra that has only 65 miles on it. Claims the customer is going to a different tranny. This sounds fishy to me, but just wanted to get your feedback. Claims the tranny has no racing on it. My question is, what else is there to go to that's better than the T56 and why would they do it? Should I stay away from this deal?

If I thought I could use it on my 67 Fairlane.. I'd jump on it. <G>

As it is I will be going with the TKO. 5spd

lethal

Established Member
Originally posted by DanTheCobraMan

I'd take it. Where is it coming from? It is a dealer? It would be interesting... a car with that much power and unbolting a tranny and putting on another ... bye bye warrenty, unless it's a dealer doing it. oh and how much? ;-)

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
$1350. Supposedly some guy who wants to make it an all out dragster and put on a solid axle and automatic tranny.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Make sure you get a written warranty on it. I had a differential replaced under warranty that had no oil put in by factory or dealer set-up. (Not the Cobra). When I went back to the dealer to pick up the car, I bumped into a guy coming out carrying the meatball. He said the dealer told him the original owner had put in a racing part. Yes, it was my differential (I scratched SS number on it).

chillfactor

2-BADSVTS
Established Member
I have a guy in Houston is doing the same thing to his Cobra.....wants to make it a draggin machine. Auto and 9" rear.

Users who are viewing this thread