Newbie L owner

James94RedL

Established Member
Hey all been browsing for a few months now, wanted a Cobra like most Mustang owners do these days, terrific cars to mod and race.

I happened upon a 94 Lightning on one of my local boards here in Jax, Florida and picked up the truck last Thursday. Its in pretty good shape, the paint is still bright red with a nice pink tube bumper... :rolling: The seats are so freaking sweet with the side lumbar adjustments...very cool!

Havent really got on it yet, just getting to know the truck right now. I will be calling SVT tomorrow to try and get the SVT certificate and production number and get a better history of the truck. Then I will join the registry and NLOC. Great site!

James

James94RedL

Established Member
Thanks for the welcome!

Plans are to repaint/Rhino liner the bed, lots of scratches and wear. Get her looking show worthy again, detail the engine bay. New plug wires, maybe a red top Optima a few dress up things. MSD and cap and rotor, red of course. Try to pull the red theme together. I am working on the stereo system now, got a head unit and have Fosgate amp and Kicker 12 sitting here but I dont see the 12 going behind the seat. So might have to do something different.

Then I will buy cold air and nitrous and call it a day. I have also been looking at superchargers, but nitrous gets more bang for the buck. Turbo would be nice too but my wallet is thinking nitrous all the way.

Will take some more pics, the infamous pink bumper...:)

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i think line-x looks better over time than rhino. check them out too.

James94RedL

Established Member
Cool I will check that out too. Another L owner in my club told me they can match the color now on the spray in, but I think I might just stick with black.

One question, where do I find a cold air for this beast? I saw the Pickerel copy that someone did and I am familiar with the Mac and BBK CAI's on the Mustangs but cant find something similar for the L.I saw a KN on Ebay but the length of the CAI wasnt very long and it didnt look right.

Last edited:

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
James94RedL said:
Cool I will check that out too. Another L owner in my club told me they can match the color now on the spray in, but I think I might just stick with black.

One question, where do I find a cold air for this beast? I saw the Pickerel copy that someone did and I am familiar with the Mac and BBK CAI's on the Mustangs but cant find something similar for the L.I saw a KN on Ebay but the length of the CAI wasnt very long and it didnt look right.

I got this from a guy on NLOC who makes CAI units.-

32024-916-27571.jpg

Its very nice and works well...http://www.nloc.net/forum/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=27667

32024-916-27585.jpg

32024-916-27583.jpg

Last edited:

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
I got it for 170 shipped, minus the filter(had it left over from my last cai). I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Those are nice pieces, and I would love to get rid of the scuba sh!t intake, but I still have to finish my roller conversion (been dragging my feet paying for brake parts for the beater) which will hopefully add quite a bit more than a CAI. My total so far on the conversion hasn't been too bad for anyone trying to source out one; about $110 so far, but I still need to get a f250 distributor, pushrods, and the timing chain set, oh and all the gasket and hardware. I'm looking for used deals, but I think they're going to be pretty hard to come by on the remaining pieces. Should be fun once it's in though.

James94RedL

Established Member
Very nice, thanks for the link. That is what I am looking for.

One last newbie question is can I use my Compucar bottle in a bag kit (dry Shot) and spray directly into the Throttle body? I use this on my mustang, but it has mass air and I spray before the mass air. Since the L is speed density, will it mess up the idle or computer doing the dry shot before the TB?

James

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread