News on the Mach 1 project

03 stallion

turbo dreams........
Established Member
Hey guys,

I know its been a long time since I posted. The paintjob on my mach 1 is complete. I ended up doing dual full length harlequin racing stripes (green to silver). The doors have harlequin highlights and the rear mustang letters and bottom of the bumper are painted in harlequin as well. The colors look absolutely amazing in the sunlight. The steeda wing is on, and right now the car is getting guages installed with a shift light. My shop is having a hell of a time getting the 03 cobra foglights into the 03 bumper because the idiots at the ford dealership they work with keep sending them the wrong bracket. They may end up building one from scratch. these pics are low quality and taken inside. I'll have better ones from outside of the wing and the full car once I get it back!!!

:rockon:
-Dan

MikeMach1

Established Member
pretty cool I like it
If it was me, I would've probably painted the entire car with a color changing paint, like the one the '04 cobra has - from light blue to purple, put the black striping back on it. after it was all finished, take it down to the track and have everyone doing double takes on the only mystic chrome Mach 1.

ok back on topic I like your Mach, definitely unique and definitely one of a kind.

03 stallion

turbo dreams........
Established Member
Hey,

Just talked to the shop today. They FINALLY finished the foglights. The lighting has been what has held this car up for the past month. They finally ended up simply building their own brackets to hold the cobra foglights in the 03 bumper since ford absolutely could not handle sending them the right brackets. Both sets of foglights are in, and they reinstalled the broken neon kit under the car. The switches are all pretty much finished. They are beginning today on the Piller guage setup I bought (ambient air temp/oil temp/water temp) and also putting in the VDO shift light I got (installing it somewhere on the pillar). After that they are going to retint my driver side window (they did it months ago and it still has some big bubbles), and then its done. I also got a tinted license plate frame and a billet gas cap (real one with two separate parts). The car looks better then I ever imagined, and I'll take a truckload of pics and get them online for you guys once its back. I'm thinking possibly next week?????

-Here's hoping:rollseyes
-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread