Nitrous for L

BewleysRanger

Established Member
Hey does anyone know if the Nitrous Express kit is reliable? I'm sure you all know that since we have forced induction, we have a much greater risk of damage from a backfire. I just wanted to know if the kit was safe. Also, is the ignition system of the 2000L good enough to handle the increased compression and still make the spark jump the gap? How much does the installation cost? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Midnitrous_Express

Established Member
I have been using NX for about 9 months.
It is the most reliable system I have used.
I have been through about 50 bottles with
no trouble whatsoever (not counting tire spin).
I have seen lots of naturally aspirated cars
backfire due to puddling in the intake. It would
be extemely rare if not impossible in our applicaton, as we are forcing the Nitrous through
the intake with hurricane force. No puddling in my intake.:D You must change the plugs of course. And I closed the gap to .035, I think the book calls for .044. That will keep you from blowing out the spark. It has been awhile, but I think for the NX kit and the GenX2 kit (purge, bottle heater, bottle gauge, fuelpressure safety switch) a must have, is about $900. The kit is adjustable from 50-150hp. I got my kit and install from
John Phillips
Nitrous Express Technical Reprsentative
1-888-289-6261.
I hope this helps you.
Robert Melton
:cool:
BTW I ran my best ET last night at Bristol, TN
1/8 [email protected]
1/4 [email protected]
and I was spinning a little
60' 1.80

BewleysRanger

Established Member
Midnitrous,
Thanks very much for your help. One other thing, I ordered new spark plugs that have a .44 gap. They are the NGK TR6 4177 plugs. Is that what you use? Someone else told me they are a must have.

Users who are viewing this thread