Nitrous for me???

5.4 speedster

Banned
Hey guys I have a 331 stroker that was built by Coast High Performance. It has a forged crank, pistons, and rods. I have twisted wedge heads and a gt 40 intake. I also have every other possible bolt on. I had the shop build it with 8:7:1 compression because I will eventually put on a blower but is it safe to run nitrous on this motor??? I only want to run a 50 or 75 shot so would this be ok??? Does low compression work well with nitrous??? Also, recomendations for ways to run it??? Dry, wet, or maybe the plate that goes in between the manifolds???

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
motor would be great to run a 125 shot on
at least till you got the blower, then maybe a 50 with the blower
just get a chip tuned for it so you dont run to lean and break something
be a good idea to call compucar or zex and tell them what you want to do then they can set you up with the right stuff

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by 5.4 speedster
nx express dry kit????

there's an N.O.S. dry kit for sale right now in the market but the kid's asking way too much for it...

don't know much about NX, but I presume they're all the same...

99SVTSnake

Established Member
You will have no problem at all running a 50-75 shot. With an intirely forged bottom end on the engine, you can run almost as large of a shot as you want. My buddy has a 350 and he is running a 200 shot on his forged bottom end for over a year now with no problems at all. 50-75 is nothing for forged components.

Rich

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Nitrous likes compression. Low compression is better for the boost you plan on adding in the future. With the compression and internals you have, you could run a larger shot with no problem. Provided the fuel system will support it, which I assume will since you planed on a blower. I am partial to the wet shot. It tends to give better power numbers when compared to the same size dry shot.

Users who are viewing this thread