Nitrous Refill

1MeAnGT_03

Established Member
I am getting a NX dry kit and am wondering how much nitrous refill is per pound so if someone could tell me that would be great or the total cost of refilling a 10 pound bottle thanks

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
It depends on your area. I've seen guys get bottles filled with the cryo pump for $40.00 around here. That's empty 10# bottle to full bottle. I've also seen medical grade N2O fills on the cryo pump for $20.00 It depends on the place you get it filled at.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Yep. Medical grade has alot less sulfur in it. You'd have to have a dentist or doctor friend though. ;-) Some places just freeze your bottle and fille it from a 90# cylinder. That works, but the cryo fill is the best. You get a more accurate fiil that way. You'll just have to find a place that fills faily for a decent price.

97SVTStang

Established Member
I dont agree with that cryo fill statement. When I am in a hurry and forget to get the bottle filled before the track I will go to the place that has the cryo fill, the bottle doesnt last. When I freeze the bottle I get alot more out of it. Plus medical grade nitrous is no better than the stuff you get at your local performance shop. Only difference between the 2 is the sulfur. The sulfur does nothing to the engine and not having it in there doesnt give you any better results. The only reason they put sulfur in it now is to make it smell bad cause they found out kids where gettin high off of the medical grade stuff. Plus you need a license to get the medical grade stuff unless your in good with a dentist.

Last edited:

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Sulfur doesn't burn. It does effect the way the air/gas charge burns. That's why medical grade N2O is alot better, no sulfur. Can most normal people get it? Nope. Is it a cleaner better burn, yep.

The cryo fill is usually a better way. If you have somebody pumping empty air or bad N2O it obviously won't help. If you freeze your bottle and go to a good place that just hooks your bottle to their full good bottle it will obviously be a good fill. The biggest thing about getting your bottle filled is finding somebody who will give you an honest fill. Either way works if you get an honest place filling it. The cryo fill just prevents having to freeze your bottle before taking it to be filled.

Users who are viewing this thread