Nitrous WOT Switch help on 01 cobra

FirehawkNS

Established Member
I am trying to help my friend install a NX wet kit on his 01 Cobra. We are having trouble getting the WOT switch mounted. Does anybody have any pics of how they mounted there WOT switch on a 99 or 01 Cobra!!!

Thanks
Nick

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
The metal braket they sent with the kit isn't really the best for fabricating the necessary braket. A small piece of angle iron mounted right at the TB to intake mating points helps alot. Sorry no pics now. I'll see if I can get some.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I know what you mean about the pretzel thing. Just have him keep an eye on the braket to make sure it isn't bending. Sometimes that metal gets stressed and starts to loose its shape. Ya know the heat under the hood and the throttle pulling on it all the time.

FirehawkNS

Established Member
Hey GR8White, I didn't realize who you were. I am Travis Washams (venomoussvt) buddy. I looked at your location and saw Gastonia and called Travis to see if he knew you. He got it, and we will make sure to keep a eye on it for a little while. (or I will bend it away so when we race next I can stomp him good)!!!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Good deal! It's good to hear from the local gang. Tell Travis that Don says hey. I hadn't seen him in a while, thought he might have sold the car and switched back to motorcycles again.

You guys thinking about making the meet NosCobra has planned for outside Charlotte? I'm really tempted, but the TO bearing is dying slowly. I'd be unlucky enough to get out there, hammer down on it, and the TO bearing let go. I'll have to baby it a little until I can get my RAM in next week.

At any rate, it's good to hear from you. Hope you like it here and stick around.:beer:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Hey Don...good to hear from you! Try and find you every time i am in the "gas-house". But your never out and about. I have a throwout bearing if you need one. Brand new, just sittin here. You ever get your project finished? Drop me an email when you get the chance....

[email protected]

Travis

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Hey Travis.

I've got a few of my many items covered. It looks like I'm on the way to another large decision soon though. I'm really drooling over the idea of the crate FR500 motor. If that one is offered at reasonable price, I'm selling the 5.4 I have on the stand. I don't like the modular rules that don't allow sheetmetal intakes. That is about all I'm going to be able to run on the 5.4. You can't get an R intake from any source. Ford can't even get you one. :shrug: The Navigator intake is OK, just not the best looking or performing thing though.
I appreciate the TO bearing offer. I have a complete RAM setup sitting here waiting for me to have the time to get it in. They've been trying to kill us here lately. Too much overtime not enough free time. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread