No ADM on the new Ford GT

C0bra99

Established Member
INFORMATION
2016 Ford GT Program Update
SUMMARY
The purpose of this communication is to provide dealers with new information on the Ford GT program and establish timing expectations for the ordering process.

Ford GT Program Update
Raj Nair, Ford’s Global Director of Product Development will be making the following announcement to a gathering of Ford GT owners on Thursday, August 27, 2015:

Ford will introduce a unique ordering process for the all-new Ford GT supercar, with the program commencing in early 2016.
Ford GTs will be assigned based on a customer application process, offering a personalized experience for every Ford GTbuyer.
Anyone can apply; priority will be given to loyal Ford customers including current Ford GT owners.
Applicants selected through the process will be assigned a car by Ford and complete their purchase through a Ford GT certified dealership of their choice.

Additional Information for Dealers

The Ford GT customer application process will begin in early 2016. Details on the application process will be provided closer to the application process start date.
Ford dealers will be able to opt-in and certify to sell the Ford GT. Details on the sales certification requirements will be communicated later this year.
A separate process will be established for Ford Dealership owners who wish to register and own a new Ford GT.
Limited production, high cost materials/parts and unique technologies will require unique factory-sponsored processes and resources to support customers and dealers. A separate service opt-in and certification process will be communicated in Q2/Q3 2016.
We recommend that dealers refrain from taking customer deposits.
As we continue to develop and refine the unique customer selection, allocation, and distribution processes for this extremely low-volume supercar, we will keep dealers fully informed.

Key Ford GT Product/Program Information (previously announced)

The Ford GT is an exciting demonstration of Ford’s capabilities and our culture of innovation & passion.
Ford Performance will begin racing the new Ford GT in 2016 in both the Tudor/IMSA and WEC road car racing series including a return to LeMans 50 years after the GT40 program’s historic 1-2-3 finish in 1966.
Production of the Ford GT road car will begin in late 2016 at dedicated facility in Markham, Ontario; global volume will be 250 vehicles per year.
The all-new Ford GT will be priced to compete with exotic sports cars including Lamborghini, Ferrari and McLaren.
Key vehicle specs:
Lightweight construction - 100% carbon fiber body panels and passenger cell
Aerodynamic design and active features including speed-activated deployable rear wing
3.5L V6 Ecoboost engine producing over 600hp
[youtube_browser]R_7MUK-eZVU[/youtube_browser]

Dealers won own the car so thy can't mark it up. Good move Ford.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you think that'll stop the ADM's, I think you're wrong.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Yep, not that it matters, way out of my price range. Dodge tried in vain to keep dealers from marking up Hellcat orders and basically failed. Though their approach was different and still might work in later production runs, but it hasn't for the 1st run.

C0bra99

Established Member
Didn't Dodge do the same for the Hellcats? How'd that work out?

Dodges approach was if the car sat(Because of a ADM) that it would be harder to get another allocation. This is different as you apply to buy and if selected you get the car from Ford and the dealer is only accepting the car for delivery. The dealer never owns the car since you buy it directly from Ford.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
FWIW most dealers do NOT own the vehicles on the lot, they have floor plan|inventory financing from a bank/s, FOMOCO etc.. owns the vehicles. Not that it matters in this case, C0bra99s follow-up post cleared it up with regard to the Ford GT. Though it does appear there will be a separate process that dealers|dealership owners will able to submit an application for an order to own|sell.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's kinda unfair to be honest.

Current owners of 05/06 FGT's and dealership owners will get first priority; after that, they'll be available to the "public".

jcthorne

Established Member
Don't worry about 'Public' There will not be enough for just the demand from current owners (approx 1500 of those) and dealer owners (appros 3500 of those). None of these persons would be stupid enough to pass on an allocation unit.

First, IF you are among those groups, you have to convice Ford that you are worthy of owning one. There are only a couple hundred to allocate per production year. VERY limited capacity at Multimatic.

I think this sort of BS around each new performance Ford has gotten more than old. Been there and done that. Played the game too long. This BS around the current go fast mobile was the straw for me. 30 years of blue blood ford fan has ended.

I wanted real performance, a V8, current leading edge electronics and a dealer support network. Bought a Z07 vette and could not be happier with it. No BS around purchase, did not have to convice Chevy I was worthey to purchase. They just designed and BUILT the darn cars and made them available.

Ford builds great pickups and SUVs and dabbles at the performace game a litte. Never mainstream, never well supported and far too much drama around allocation because Ford refuses to take any risk that their product is actually good enough to commit funds to produce. If they don't think it's good enough, why should I?

Oh, and this current game only insures that a few FGT owners will be given a winning lottery ticket to purchase a FGT at sticker (400k). The ones allocated to the dealer owners will get ADM in the extreame and sold. The ones sold to current owners will just get marked up the actual market value and resold. Not much as changed in this stupid game. The ONLY way to end this is for Ford to step up and actually produce the car in sufficient quantity to satisfy a reasonable portion of the demand.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Don't worry about 'Public' There will not be enough for just the demand from current owners (approx 1500 of those) and dealer owners (appros 3500 of those). None of these persons would be stupid enough to pass on an allocation unit.

First, IF you are among those groups, you have to convice Ford that you are worthy of owning one. There are only a couple hundred to allocate per production year. VERY limited capacity at Multimatic.

I think this sort of BS around each new performance Ford has gotten more than old. Been there and done that. Played the game too long. This BS around the current go fast mobile was the straw for me. 30 years of blue blood ford fan has ended.

I wanted real performance, a V8, current leading edge electronics and a dealer support network. Bought a Z07 vette and could not be happier with it. No BS around purchase, did not have to convice Chevy I was worthey to purchase. They just designed and BUILT the darn cars and made them available.

Ford builds great pickups and SUVs and dabbles at the performace game a litte. Never mainstream, never well supported and far too much drama around allocation because Ford refuses to take any risk that their product is actually good enough to commit funds to produce. If they don't think it's good enough, why should I?

Oh, and this current game only insures that a few FGT owners will be given a winning lottery ticket to purchase a FGT at sticker (400k). The ones allocated to the dealer owners will get ADM in the extreame and sold. The ones sold to current owners will just get marked up the actual market value and resold. Not much as changed in this stupid game. The ONLY way to end this is for Ford to step up and actually produce the car in sufficient quantity to satisfy a reasonable portion of the demand.

I think you're wrong on a couple of things.

First being that Ford knows this product is good enough for anyone. They are using materials that most "super cars" don't use. Don't be a V8 nutswinger, this V6 with 600hp will blow your V8 out of the water over and over again.

In order for a dealer to get one, he/she must register one. You're right, you'd be an idiot not to get one if you could.

Remember when Ford came out with the GT500 in 07? It was going to be a couple year production with low numbers? Everyone threw a fit when it carried through past 2010 and a large number had been produced. The several thousand they produced of the FGT in 2005/06 did not fulfill demand because the secondary market is still ridiculous on these things. Chevy has a different mindset. They'll produce a lot (ZL1) to the point of supply being greater than demand; then they will have to give big incentives on dealers to move them. I'm talking thousands under invoice. Here we all are hoping to get MSRP on one of these.

Whether you want to admit it or not, Ford's business model on specialty cars works.

Also, how many miles are on your 06 FGT?

jcthorne

Established Member
I cannot argue better or worse on the car itself. It remains to be seen. It needs to be MUCH better than its competition.

My point was only that I and many others have grown weary of Fords BS around the production and sale of so called performance cars. Been there and done that too many times. I will not deny there will always be a number of parties that will step up and play that game. I applaud Chevy for investing the money to produce in quantities sufficient to actually sell without the drama.

I DO NOT agree that Ford's marketing strategy works. Secondary market value does nothing for Ford shareholders.

I LOVED my FGT. Yes, I miss the rockstar that it was. 10 year newer tech vette walks all over it. BUT the 05 and 06 vettes were not even close. I suspect the same will be true when the FGT again comes to market. Its not the car I am down on, just the sales BS I have grown weary of. I like most here cannot afford a half million dollar car anyway. Well, not responsibly.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe Ford could build a GT to compete with the Corvette on price and performance, and in so doing would doom both cars. The GT would not be what Ford is now producing, it would be a much watered down version, and would divide a relatively small market making it and the Corvette unprofitable.
The current setup is designed to reward loyal customers of the performance division, and I think it is a great idea.

bret a ewing

Established Member
This new thing was designed to be a race car. They will build a few more than homologation rules (100) stipulate.....~250.
IMHO the loyalty, lottery and direct to customer method is about as fair as it gets.
Corvette: I love 'em and own 'em. It would be great if GM would build a mid-engined supercar. Until then the FGT is the coolest car in American history. Period.........IMHO. ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread