"No tune" mods

willytucker

Established Member
Hey guys, I bought a new 14 GT M6 and have put 2200 miles on it so far. Eventually the car will get a nice treatment of warranty voiding goodies, but for now I need to keep the warranty intact until I am comfortable the car will have no major issues. My thoughts are to do all the "no tune required mods" for now and see just how fast I can get it to go like that first. I have been a drag racer for 20 years and have had many fast race cars, but I just dont have the time like I used to so I figured its time for a bad ass light to light street car. Any thoughts on what works and what is a waste of money and time?

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
axle backs, driveshaft, kooks shorty headers, OAP all great no tune mods for motor efficiency

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Just do a bunch of suspension work and so you'll be ready once you lay into the power mods.

willytucker

Established Member
Suspension is a given and will be done soon. Car already has AB's and a Barton with 2 post. I was looking at other things like shorties, 85mm TB, aluminum DS, 2 step, bigs and littles, possibly a gear change from the 3.73 to a 4.10 or 4.30 ect.

Are over the axle pipes worth the money?

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Gear change will require tune. TB, shortie headers almost no benefit with out tune. Bigs and littles great idea until clutch protection kicks in on the stock tune. OAP are worth it for the sound if you aren't gonna tune it. Will definitely free up some power once tuned.

Pretty much moral of the story is stick to suspension and looking pretty if you aren't gonna tune it.

yngrshr

Established Member
Just buy a blower, use their provided tune, and enjoy the aftermarket warranty. You can get 3/36 with Roush, Paxton, or Vortech and up to 5/60 with Procharger or Magnuson.

It's not Ford backing you but Cornerstone. You can't really add many mods after (though a short throw and axleback will be fine), but it'll at least be protected. And you'll have more power.

Caleousus

Established Member
Maybe I'm mistaken, but I swear the dealer told me if I touched the suspension that would void my warranty as well?

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Oh I see. Well I doubt lowering spring could cause too much harm.
I mean if you put springs on your car and then took it to the dealership because of busted shocks most likely they will tell you to go phuck yourself. Put a tune on it and your motor blows because of oil pump gear failure and they won't warranty it because of the tune? Just remind them of the Magnuson-Moss and they will take care of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread