Noisy Starter/Shifter Trany Noises

stangin

Established Member
Does anyone notice when they start their 03 how weird it sounds starting up, or is it just me? It almost sounds cheazy to me. Almost like no isulation at the firewall. I had a 90 GT and it sure sounded different when starting the car.

I also notice how noisy the stock shifter and tranny is, again almost like no insulation under the shift boot. I had a 95 LT1 Camaro with the 6 speed and never heard the gears meshing, but the Cobra sure reminds me of the LT's 6 speed as it is the same tranny more or less and has the same noise when releasing the clutch in 1st, exactly. I also notice manuvering in a parking lot clutch in and out gas on gas off over and over the clunky noise in the drive train. I remember this in my LT, just not quite as much as the Cobra. Do you guys have the same noises or am I crazy?

Anyway a new member just wanted to say hi and thank everyone as I have learned a lot in the last week reading all the posts. I sure love the car thats for sure, even with the above mentioned and the anoying window screaching. No tick here still stock, but not for long. Sorry for the long post.

Black 03 still stock

stangin

Established Member
Noises

My 90 when starting sounded good as well, just like any other regular ford v8. My 03 Cobra just sounds much different and louder when I start it inside the car, Im still just getting used to the car I guess is all.

ChrisFLL

Established Member
My '89 LX 5.0 sounds more threatening at start up than my '03 Cobra. The '03 sounds kinda high pitched probably because of the DOHC setup.

What you're experiencing is pretty much identical to mine.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I have owned a 2000 GT before and my gears sound almost identical to it. I think that it is because of the tranny fluid that they use. U can always change the tranny fluid to the brand mentioned above in this thread to quiet it down. As far as the start up, dont think I have noticed a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread