North Carolina users step in!

slow_mach

Established Member
So I was just asked by my superior if I would like to take a position in Fayetteville area. I've only been to NC once, and that was to Raleigh and only for 3 days almost 10 years ago.

I'm basically posting to see how you natives like? What are the pros/cons to NC? How do you like it? How is the street scene or Mustang scene alone? Looking for real advice here.

Armageddon

Established Member
Not native, but spent alot of time there. NC has a very strong street scene with a TON of Mustangs. Quality manufacturing in the Charlotte area. Lots to do (especially if you like going to the lake) and you can throw a rock and hit an 1/8th or 1/4 mile track. Don't know anything about family things (schools, kid stuff etc.).

stradt03

Established Member
I'm originally from Michigan. The cons are that is it hot as hell during the summer, and the yellow pollen explosion in early Spring. The Pros are everything else :D

SVTCOBRA9629

Established Member
I'm from Greensboro NC. Like stated above the car scene is insane. Mostly American Muscle in and where I'm from. Have many of the oldies out on Thursdays at the local burger shops. Fox bodies and ls camaros are real big at piedmont dragway where I go when in. Also have dragons tail if u are looking for curves. Overall I love it but I'm from there. But with you into the car scene u want have a boring weekend if u hit up the right spots.

Hope this helps

1loudmouthpony

Established Member
I grew up in Fayetteville/Linden I liked it, my father worked at goodyear for 35 years I was 15 when I moved to md, Id love to go back. Ive been looking for jobs down there but I havent really seen anything that pays decent.

Fayetteville in particular Its hot humid perfect weather imo, there is a decent amount of crime in some parts of the town, but from what Ive been told its getting alot nicer. downtown has been cleaned up a good bit. Pinehurst,Springlake,Linden are all nice areas from what I remember. It is a military town most of people I met came and went due to depolyment or new orders. Honestly I didnt have any complaints.

I havent visited there since 2011 when my father passed but, the state was starting phase 2 on the 295 from ftbragg to 95 the last time I was there. Seemed like there was alot going on there as every summer I would visit I wouldnt recognize it, especially Ramsey st.

Last but not least, the street scene in Fayetteville I remember being pretty good. The last few years I lived there 03-04 cobras were everywhere same as F-bodies that probably hasnt changed either.

Last edited:

onemadtroll

Master Procrastinator
Established Member
I live in Wilmington and love it. The car scene here has a lot of variety, rather it be imports, muscle, etc.

jwt390030

Established Member
I have lived all over NC my entire life. I currently live in Raleigh. It is great. I have car buddies down in "FedVille" as well. Great places to eat here in Raleigh, fun nightlife. I can't say enough good things. I moved from Charlotte and could not stand it there. I felt as if it were a crime to have a mustang in the banking community. You should check out cars and coffee third saturday of the month here and ask people their opinion.

Cheers,

John

Users who are viewing this thread