NOS Question for MACH 1 Owners

poweredbysvt

Established Member
Anyone here have experience with a NOS Kit? :burn:

Recommendations? :idea:

Suggestions? :read:

ANY and ALL would be appreciated! :shrug:

A little help would be great. Haven't had NOS since my 91 5.0L Coupe. Went the way of supercharging so long, but I may return to the Dark Side. :burnout:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Peter

Established Member
I have spoken to the people at Nitrous Express and they have a kit for the car(35-150). From what I hear Nitrous Express is very good. It is part #20922-10. I would also get the purge kit. I think you would really kick A## with a nitrous kit.

Pete:thumbsup:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
I had the NITROUS EXPRESS WET KIT on my 03 Cobra....:eek: Talk about POWA for a 50shot. Not sure if i will use my kit yet or not but knowing that i will look for 12's @ LACR = 2710' :shrug: Cant put that option out of my solution just yet.

Ive heard folks running a Wet Kit up to 150 shot. They only upgraded the Fuel Pump....but thats a bit scary IMO. Id drop some Timing, High Flow Fuel Pump & double check the Injectors since we only have 24lb Jetting.

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
I had the NITROUS EXPRESS WET KIT on my 03 Cobra....:eek: Talk about POWA for a 50shot. Not sure if i will use my kit yet or not but knowing that i will look for 12's @ LACR = 2710' :shrug: Cant put that option out of my solution just yet.

Ive heard folks running a Wet Kit up to 150 shot. They only upgraded the Fuel Pump....but thats a bit scary IMO. Id drop some Timing, High Flow Fuel Pump & double check the Injectors since we only have 24lb Jetting.

Yeah, if you go with 100 shot you could drop 2 degrees timing and get a 255lph pump in tank and get a spark plug 1 step colder.

Pete:rockon:

Last edited:

poweredbysvt

Established Member
C'mon guys. There's got to be more than 3 people that have an opinion on this matter. 75 readers and 3 guys with a voice.

Let's have some feedback!

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
Originally posted by ZincDude
Ok feedback. I wouldn't put nos on my Mach if you payed me!!
I would only consider it after I have done all my bolt-ons, heads/cams and some minor beefing the internals. And then it would still only be a 125 shot.

Tomcat427

I know I need a cage :)
Established Member
The 2 guys I know of that has had Nitrous on there car have both taken it off. Maybe they will post there reasons. I still plan on going with nitrous but have not decided on which system.

StreetProvenTQ

Established Member
Im going with a 125 shot to start off. Im going to also use a dry kit. Ive seen to many 01 Cobra's that used the NX kit and once the tires started to spin they feathered the throttle and boom and this is at 6000 ft.

I have had actual "NOS" kits on all my cars and will stick with them. Safest thing is to test it on the DYNO first. I do know that these cars/4v motors love nitrous.

Kurt

Users who are viewing this thread