Not clear.. you can polish and wax chrome wheels just like paint??

Jpjr

Established Member
Assuming I got a metal polish of course.. I could throw on car wax too? What do you guys do?

cobraracer46

Banned
My fikse wheels have the outer rim lip polished and uncoated from the factory, so when ever I need to touch them them up, I use mothers mag wheel polish and then applly a cheap paste wax to protect the wheels in between cleanings.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I would definately throw some wax on there. It will make cleaning them much easier. One of the better combos is Klasse All-In-One and Klasse Sealant Glaze, but you are probably going to have to order it. You could just use some NXT wax since that is easily found locally. Here's what some claying, polishing, and waxing will do to your chromies, http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153888

Slowbra01

Established Member
referring to that thread you posted... can that kind of shine also be achieved with aluminum wheels?? I have an 01 cobra that came with aluminum and its rather dull looking.... with enough work with the same products used... can that kind of shine/reflectiveness be achieved????

Users who are viewing this thread