Not enough shine??

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
I recently detailed my Cobra. I got some SMP pads and some Poorboy's Polish and went to work. Wash, (it was claybarred a week ago), dry, 2.5 on cutting pad, 1 on polishing pad (both SSR), and then topped off with Natty's Paste wax. Don't get me wrong, alot of the swirls are gone.. and I'm sure next time I do it they will all disappear.. but the shine doesn't seem to be quite all there. Did I miss a step?? Thanks!

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Oops, I didn't mean to say 'Polish' in my first post! I only got the swirl removers and some paste wax.

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Hmm ok, thanks guys. So if I want to rectify this, I can just start in with the 2.5 on a polishing pad then go to the 1? Or just do a polish + put wax back on? Or do you recommend stripping the wax first with a claybar?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
If i were you i would just use dawn & wash the car. Clay bar and using the 2.5 ssr will take a while to do, you dont have to do it again because it was only a week ago. You mentioned you bought items from SMP. ( Hopefully the Clearkote Killer Combo ) if you did

Because you used the ssr2.5 for the swirls then, all you need is to enhance your shine. use the vanilla moose to polish and then buff off with the detail MF towel that came with the combo, then apply the wax( Carnauba WAX**) and You will be happy with the results.

vanilla moose
Carnauba Wax. :beer:

:p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread